• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Gun Shack in Mt. Airy usually has a good stock of powder, worth a call if you're willing to take a ride there.

If you go check their primer prices, last time I was in there they had a great sale going since they had gotten in a duplicate shipment.

Shoulder-tap Wes, he may have some H4350 around still.
    I will do that.

Gun Shack in Mt. Airy usually has a good stock of powder, worth a call if you're willing to take a ride there.

If you go check their primer prices, last time I was in there they had a great sale going since they had gotten in a duplicate shipment.
    I will give them a call.

Thanks for the responses.

My youngest son and I were at GreenTop a couple of weeks ago, and they had both IMR and H 4350.

The IMR was being 'rationed'.

One 8lb keg, or five 1lb 'cans' per person.

The only Green Top I'm familiar with is outside Richmond. If that's the one you're talking about, gas alone would be more than a Hazmat fee.

When I settle on powder and projectiles for 6.5CM (I already have 4 projectitles to test), I will be taking a trip to Shydas in Lebanon PA for a bulk purchase of supplies for all calibers I load. They are one of the major reloading dealers in America and are ~1.5hrs from Baltimore.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    The only Green Top I'm familiar with is outside Richmond. If that's the one you're talking about, gas alone would be more than a Hazmat fee.

When I settle on powder and projectiles for 6.5CM (I already have 4 projectitles to test), I will be taking a trip to Shydas in Lebanon PA for a bulk purchase of supplies for all calibers I load. They are one of the major reloading dealers in America and are ~1.5hrs from Baltimore.

Yep. Ashland, VA, I think.

Fantastic store.

It is a bit of a hike for you.

Bass Pro (Hanover) may have the H4350.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And H4350 has been hit and miss for the past 20+ months.

If Wes can't help you out, just let me know.

Wes/Browning Guy (friends outside MDS as well) and I bartered with him providing a pound of each powder, so I'm good to go.
    PCFixer- I still plan on taking you up on your offer.

Thanks for the input everybody. I now have four types of projectiles and three powders to experiment with after Santa Courtney delivers my dies.

FWIW- I bought one of the TC Compass' in 6.5 Creedmoor w/Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 from KYGunco for $275 after rebate. I added the aftermarket 3.5lb Win Model 70 spring and this thing is a tack driver. I'm doing dime size groups at 100yds with cheapo factory ammo. I highly recommend picking one of these up before the end of the year when the rebate expires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom