• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Hanover Armory

Read lots of good things about them, but. I have a different experience.

Early last week I called and left voice mail message. As of this date & time zero return calls.

That is just friggin poor CS, for sure I will never spend a penny there.

Just my $.02

Last edited:

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    One voice message?

I'm pretty picky about follow up too but one call not returned could easily be explained by any number of forgivable events.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    OP I think you will find that the telephone will continue to become less and less useful in the retail world. I’m an older guy and I hate to call stores and places anymore. If I call a place and cant immediately reach the person or department I need, I try to get a name and an email address. While sometimes a simple quick call is the best choice, I find that it’s way more efficient for me to ask direct questions and get answers hopefully get direct answers for other conversations.

One more thing as a small business owner with 4 incoming lines and 4 people trying to answer all calls on the second ring, it is Impossible to get to them all sometimes. We also get no less than 20 calls per day from solicitors and it’s maddening at times.

We drop the ball too when it’s unexpectedly busy. Even me. I’ve lifted messages from my VM carefully transcribed them, only to get interrupted by one or two incoming calls at the same time. Then not realizing it get sidetracked on some hot fire, leaving that VM to go by the wayside.

Maybe someday the’ll have firearm and ammunition vending machines for those of us who prefer fewer human interactions or just need some ammo at 2:34 AM.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    OP I think you will find that the telephone will continue to become less and less useful in the retail world. I’m an older guy and I hate to call stores and places anymore. If I call a place and cant immediately reach the person or department I need, I try to get a name and an email address. While sometimes a simple quick call is the best choice, I find that it’s way more efficient for me to ask direct questions and get answers hopefully get direct answers for other conversations.

One more thing as a small business owner with 4 incoming lines and 4 people trying to answer all calls on the second ring, it is Impossible to get to them all sometimes. We also get no less than 20 calls per day from solicitors and it’s maddening at times.

We drop the ball too when it’s unexpectedly busy. Even me. I’ve lifted messages from my VM carefully transcribed them, only to get interrupted by one or two incoming calls at the same time. Then not realizing it get sidetracked on some hot fire, leaving that VM to go by the wayside.

Maybe someday the’ll have firearm and ammunition vending machines for those of us who prefer fewer human interactions or just need some ammo at 2:34 AM.

As you I am OLD, but if a business has a phone, then dang-it, it is their responsibility to return voice messages.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    As you I am OLD, but if a business has a phone, then dang-it, it is their responsibility to return voice messages.

I agree. I think part of the problem is that voice mail messages are really not as effective as business owners and managers think they are. That’s why I’m actually considering just canceling our voice mail service. I’m finding more and more of my clients and customers are either turning off their voicemail or just letting the mailbox fill up until no more messages can be taken.

We do have a conscious practice of answering every call on by the second ring.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Lol. I actually have ordered ammo late on a Sunday and had it in my hands by Monday. The internet is about as close to a vending machine as one can get. It would work for pistols except for the 7 day wait.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    They have always been polite and responsive any time I have been there. I have never called, but I have absolutely no complaints about how they treat customers in person.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I went to Hanover Armory a few years ago to 'handover' a pistol for some cerakote work. It was a Monday during regular business hours but the door was locked. Rang the bell repeatedly and was starting to walk away when the door opened. The guy explained that they had just done a gun show and were trying to restock the inventory from the show. Fair enough.

Explained what I wanted done and they told me that it would be about a 2 week wait to get started and they took my number and said they would call as they didn't want me to be without during the interim. Okay, I'm liking this place.

Three years later I'm still waiting for the call back.

I called them about a month after initial contact and they said that their cerakote guy no longer worked there but they were in the process of hiring another and would DEFINITELY call me when a slot was available, were very sorry, yada, yada, yada.

I'm still waiting for their call.

NOT.

Eff them, as dead to me as that goofball who owned Accurate Pawn (now Lighthouse Guns in DE).

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    That sucks. I called them about Cerakoting a pistol frame about 3 or 4 years ago, they said bring it in and it would take about 2 weeks. I got a phone call about 5 days later, stating that it was ready for pick up. the finish could have been better, but it was acceptable for the cost, $75.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Buddy stopped in yesterday after experiencing a case separation in his AR. My guess is poor QC on freedom munitions part. They removed the stuck case while he waited.

I’ve stopped in a few times when I needed small parts/pins I didn’t want to pay shipping on.

Store can be noisy when the CNCs are going in the back. I’m not sure what issues Lord Chads identified, but I do love they are building affordable ARs right here in MD!

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I have bought parts there on several occasions. Even have an upper built but them, which has been great. Great CS when I’ve been there. Last time I tried contacting them I did it the FB messenger. They got back to me the next day.

Clandestine has advised me on some QC issues there. He has more experience than I, but I like them as a brick and mortar retailer. YMMV

Russell

Jun 20, 2019
    When I saw the title, i thought this post was about Hancock Armory. Too many similarities in name. Hancock Armory is an online store which offers rifle scopes, titanium muzzle device, scope bubble level, etc. I bought a Glock 43 holster from the store's Lightening deals for only $0.99. Nice deal. If you all guys need some firearm parts, it worth attentions.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Read lots of good things about them, but. I have a different experience.

Early last week I called and left voice mail message. As of this date & time zero return calls.

That is just friggin poor CS, for sure I will never spend a penny there.

Just my $.02

Hanover has always been great to me. I've purchased a pistol as well as an AR with them.

They make great stuff, are very knowledgeable, friendly, and have been responsive to Facebook messages when I've sent them.

They're also Veteran owned/operated. Having a place in MD that manufactures their own AR's and provides custom work is a gem that we must support and hold onto.

I'd ask that you stop in sometime and see for yourself.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    I have bought parts there on several occasions. Even have an upper built but them, which has been great. Great CS when I’ve been there. Last time I tried contacting them I did it the FB messenger. They got back to me the next day.

Clandestine has advised me on some QC issues there. He has more experience than I, but I like them as a brick and mortar retailer. YMMV
    I too had them build an upper me. Works great and is very accurate. They've taken care of other issues for me as well. No complaints.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom