HQL Classes in Halethorpe - Including Live Scan!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    ON-SITE LIVE SCAN AND FAST STUDENT VERIFICATION

EDIT: As of 07/17/2018, our course fees will be reduced to $129 and students will be required to complete their application on the Maryland State Police website here: https://emdsp.mdsp.org/egov/Login.aspx

We host HQL classes from 5-9 pm on Mondays and 12-4 on Saturdays in our classroom in Halethorpe. Our class includes EVERYTHING YOU NEED to complete your HQL application in one, convenient location. No need to spend your valuable time driving around looking for a Livescan fingerprint provider, or travel to multiple places to complete the training and live fire requirement. We take care of your fingerprints during the class AND work with you to get your application done right - the first time. ARIMUS Training is truly a one-stop-shop for all your training and shooting needs.

The course includes:

• Mandatory training material
    • Mandatory live fire (use of a firearm and ammunition included FREE!)
    • On-site Live Scan fingerprinting

For only $129 (including Live Scan fingerprints), you could have your HQL typically within 7-10 days. Processing times may vary. Not everyone is eligible for the Handgun Qualification License. ARIMUS Training and Tyler Firearms, LLC. cannot be responsible for the decision made by the Maryland State Police. Course fees are non-refundable after completion of the training course.

You can register online, over the phone (410-921-6393), or in-person (address below). Walk-ins are welcome, but we do fill up classes quickly. Pre-registration is the only way to guarantee you a seat in the class of your choice.

We accept all major credit cards or cash (no checks or money orders). No credit card fees, either!

Last edited:

chairyland

Jul 7, 2014
    Howard County
    I took this course through Tyler Firearms for my HQL certificate. The information that needed to be taught was taught per MD requirements, nothing too special there. What I appreciated was that instead of a four hour straight-through lecture there was plenty of time for questions and Chuck and Kenny were great to shoot the shit with between segments. The price was also right - some businesses are definitely taking advantage of the HQL requirement and charging $150 for this class! Tyler Firearms offered it for a fair $50 (and I think $40 for MDS members? I didn't take advantage of that offer).

I will definitely be using them in the future for their FFL services and maybe more training depending on how much I suck at the range :) Very fair transfer fees too, check out that thread! Keep it up Chuck, you have my business.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Yes, we increased our fees, but we've included EVERYTHING, including MSP fee, into our complete HQL package. The course now includes the mandatory training, live fire (use of a handgun and ammunition included), fingerprints, MSP application processing, and student verification done the same night! You only need to wait for your HQL to show up in the mail!

Classes are taught every Monday from 5-9pm. Register online, call, stop by, and walk in the night of the class - we're pretty flexible.

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    Yes, we increased our fees, but we've included EVERYTHING, including MSP fee, into our complete HQL package. The course now includes the mandatory training, live fire (use of a handgun and ammunition included), fingerprints, MSP application processing, and student verification done the same night! You only need to wait for your HQL to show up in the mail!

Classes are taught every Monday from 5-9pm. Register online, call, stop by, and walk in the night of the class - we're pretty flexible.

You have just eliminated my last excuse for not getting my HQL, lol.. .I'll be in touch today to schedule. I would just register online, but there are probably 3 of us.
    Thanks for this deal Chuck!

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    You have just eliminated my last excuse for not getting my HQL, lol.. .I'll be in touch today to schedule. I would just register online, but there are probably 3 of us.
    Thanks for this deal Chuck!

I look forward to seeing you in the class! You can register and pay for more than one person at a time on our website. Just select the number of people attending with the "Number of People" dropdown box. Granted, you have to pay for everyone at the same time, but you don't need to go anywhere and register everyone at one time. Each person could register themselves, too. Or, we accept cash the night of the class. Whatever makes it easier for you... :)

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Registration and payment was a breeze on your website :thumbsup:
    Looking forward to Monday!
    We believe in the KISS principle - Keep It Simple, Stupid. If we had 10 steps to register, no one would do it...LOL

I'm looking forward to having you in the class. We always have fun teaching it. See you on Monday!

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    One stop shop for hql is great. I'll have to bookmark this. I know a couple people that want to get their hql but don't know where to start.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    One stop shop for hql is great. I'll have to bookmark this. I know a couple people that want to get their hql but don't know where to start.

Have them call me at 410-921-6393, ext 104 and I'll walk them through the process. Our class is truly all-inclusive. It's as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Attend our class
    2. Wait for your HQL
    3. Buy your first handgun

Even if you don't need the training, we'll take care of your Live Scan fingerprints and help you with your application with Maryland State Police for only $129 which includes the MSP fee. All you have to do is show up and we'll take care of everything for you. Live Scan is only conducted Monday evenings. Call to make sure we're conducting Live Scan before you stop by.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Listen up boot..., I had actually typed that question before you posted but got called away for work before I had posted it. Since I was still on the same screen with no refresh I didn't see that...

I think I'll stop by your shop Monday to kick you in the groin and then start my HQL journey.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Listen up boot..., I had actually typed that question before you posted but got called away for work before I had posted it. Since I was still on the same screen with no refresh I didn't see that...

I think I'll stop by your shop Monday to kick you in the groin and then start my HQL journey.

ROFL!!!!!

Attachments

• 713755.gif
      713755.gif
      46.1 KB · Views: 764

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    B. Any extra charge if the pup is in the house?

Are you referring to my police patrol dog that's in the shop every now and then?
    He'll be here on Monday for all the groin kickers.
    Good luck with trying to walk to your car with only one leg.... :lol2:

Attachments

• IMG00177.jpg
      IMG00177.jpg
      28.2 KB · Views: 717

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Are you referring to my police patrol dog that's in the shop every now and then?
    He'll be here on Monday for all the groin kickers.
    Good luck with trying to walk to your car with only one leg.... :lol2:
    Yeah, I've met him before. :cool:
    I was thinking there might be an added entertainment fee watchin him work!!!;)

Last edited:

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    Really enjoyed the class last night, thanks again!
    Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

*Public service announcement*
    If you've already created a log in name and password on the Md State Police HQL site, make sure you have the info with you!
    One poor soul forgot his and couldn't complete his application online.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    We're having a little issue with our Live Scan provider and all HQL classes are suspended for now. Hopefully we'll have it resolved before Monday's class. I'll post here when we're back up and running.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    HQL Classes Every Monday in Halethorpe - Now Including Live Scan!

Full service HQL classes are back up and running. Dates and registrations can be found at www.hqlclasses.com. We changed the schedule to be the 2nd and 4th Monday's are HQL. The 1st and 3rd will be Utah CFP classes starting in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom