• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mossy33oak

Nov 29, 2011
    Curl Cowty
    I need one of those...:party29:

It's only money. :) Did I really want to drop $600 bills right now on one? Nope but when I saw what other guys were getting I realized right now might be my best chance to own a good one. I'll just be eating boloney sandwiches for a little while. And walking 33 miles each way to work :D

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Thanks for bringing this thread back Machodoc! I've been meaning to post some Chicom's to it, since I think this thread is a really great idea. I don't have a good place to take pictures outside, so the lighting is not great. They both look nicer in person, the Russian especially.

But anyway here are my two favorite Chinese SKS', both IO Palm Bay, FL imports. Purchased from Classic when they were recently on sale for $269. I didn't do handpick or anything, just bought a gaggle of them, and these are the nicest two. $276 a pop to my door. I have more that are still saturated with cosmoline, but these two are the gems of my Chicom collection.

One is a Tula, non-numbers matching, but only the stock doesn't match, every other part does! The other is a numbers matching Sino-Soviet-Chinese-Letter-Gun, or whatever the heck it's called these days.... :) Oh, and it has a rack number on the wrist of the stock. I cleaned the stock very carefully to avoid the rack #. I assume this is a rack number from Albania? It's a well used rifle, so the rack number is fitting.

Attachments

• 01ssss.jpg
      01ssss.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 1,009
    • 02ssss.jpg
      02ssss.jpg
      46.7 KB · Views: 886
    • 03ssss.jpg
      03ssss.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 858
    • 04ssss.jpg
      04ssss.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 877
    • 05ssss.jpg
      05ssss.jpg
      40.5 KB · Views: 947

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Thanks! I'm all over that......:lol2:

Crap ... he's only got one at that price! :lol:

Hi-Torque - NICE looking rifles there. I don't think I've seen an Albanian yet that had a rack number, but I've seen some that looked like they may have had something removed from them in that area.

I've made some in-roads with a few 20-30-something Albanians, some who were friends of one of the guys whose name appeared on a stock that I came across. While the younger folks were very enthusiastic about that part of their history, apparently the older guys involved clammed up when asked about it. It's not like a U.S. combat veteran who doesn't want to talk about being in combat. In this case, there are some political implications that might be linked to shame and even fear. It seems that Hoxha maintained quite a few prisons, and it didn't take much more than suspicion that you were thinking contrary thoughts about him to end up in one of them. They were also supposed to have been really miserable places to vacation, with brutal guards, etc. Care to guess what sort of firearm the guards had?

Another group who were issued the Chinese SKSs were sort of a rural home guard. These guys were supposed to be kind of a last line of defense, but they may also have functioned as a sort of governmental police force out in the remote areas. I'm getting the impression that some of them let a little power go to their heads.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    The stock isn't laminated, but it does look like it has a nice grain. $150 is not bad at all. You did well on that rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom