• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I was visited by Frank Esposito today (https://team35.net/) running as an Independent with a tale of conspiracy by the Republican Party. Anyone know what's going on with Senator Norman's old Senate seat in the upcoming election? After this year's Republican 2A betrayals, I'm more apt to keep an open mind towards anyone supporting our cause..

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The Republican's threw a name out because some old rule that states the death of a legislator after the declaration day that they only have 24 hours to name the replacement . His name is Jason C. Gallion.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    The Republican's threw a name out because some old rule that states the death of a legislator after the declaration day that they only have 24 hours to name the replacement . His name is Jason C. Gallion.

It wasn't 24 hrs, but yes this is the gist. The republicans had a very narrow window to put another name on the ballot and where scrambling to do it.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Gallion is a good dude. I met him at one of the rallies against fsa2013

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    His name sounded familiar, he ran for delegate in 2014 and was barely beaten in the primary by Teresa Reilly

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I noticed in this article that there is apparently some behind the scene maneuvering to get Teresa Reilly on the ballot for the Senate seat.

"In moves that are explained by Maryland Matters, the District 35 Central Committee is orchestrating efforts to ultimately have Gallion run for the House of Delegates, while current Del. Teresa Reilly (R-District 35B) would be the party’s choice to seek the full Senate term in the November general election."

https://mseanewsfeed.com/fighting-to-fix-the-fund-2468f0a935f6

I couldn't find the referenced Maryland Matters article.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I noticed in this article that there is apparently some behind the scene maneuvering to get Teresa Reilly on the ballot for the Senate seat.

"In moves that are explained by Maryland Matters, the District 35 Central Committee is orchestrating efforts to ultimately have Gallion run for the House of Delegates, while current Del. Teresa Reilly (R-District 35B) would be the party’s choice to seek the full Senate term in the November general election."

https://mseanewsfeed.com/fighting-to-fix-the-fund-2468f0a935f6

I couldn't find the referenced Maryland Matters article.

This is the "conspiracy" that Mr Esposito was alluding to..

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Ok maybe 36 Hours :) Senator Norman passed on Sunday and they had till Monday at 1700 to name his replacement . I dont think the Republicans grasped it on Sunday so they only had the few hours on Monday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/aegis/ph-ag-filling-norman-seat-0307-story.html

I forgot the reason that our good SA decision was that otherwise it would be considered a vacant filing because he died during the time candidates could withdraw and parties could submit names for vacancies. But the good Nathaniel Oaks was left on the ballot after the deadline because, you know Dems....

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The Whig is reporting Jason Gallion has ended speculation of the Republican's switching candidates by accepting the nomination . Its behind their paywall so cant post the article

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I'll be voting for Frank Esposito. He is a great guy, absolutely on our side on most every issue, esp 2A. Cecil Whig article:

http://www.cecildaily.com/extras/el...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

From the article:
    Esposito, a self-described Second Amendment proponent, wants to see school security improved throughout the entire state rather than focusing on restricting access to firearms. If elected, his first action would to be resurrect one of the last bills Norman sponsored: establishing that personal protection or self-defense constitute a substantial reason to issue someone a handgun permit.

Oh yeah, he was my Sunday School teacher for a while.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    A couple of shots from Frank, running for Wayne Norman's seat in D35. Staunch 2A.

Attachments

• 44023095_10213242509522887_1661016883047956480_o.jpg
      44023095_10213242509522887_1661016883047956480_o.jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 216
    • 43629424_10213224981444696_7520247702458728448_n.jpg
      43629424_10213224981444696_7520247702458728448_n.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 218

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    I'll be voting for Frank Esposito. He is a great guy, absolutely on our side on most every issue, esp 2A. Cecil Whig article:

http://www.cecildaily.com/extras/el...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

From the article:
    Esposito, a self-described Second Amendment proponent, wants to see school security improved throughout the entire state rather than focusing on restricting access to firearms. If elected, his first action would to be resurrect one of the last bills Norman sponsored: establishing that personal protection or self-defense constitute a substantial reason to issue someone a handgun permit.

Oh yeah, he was my Sunday School teacher for a while.

All three Senatorial candidates in D. 35 are good guys, although the two underdogs (Esposito and Randers-Pehrson) should be given prime consideration!

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Wendy had a long talk with Frank Esposito the other day. Mostly about Sunday hunting, hunting in general, and 2A. She liked how and what he said, hence a sign is on the road. He should stir up MGA a bit. Chris

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    All three Senatorial candidates in D. 35 are good guys, although the two underdogs (Esposito and Randers-Pehrson) should be given prime consideration!

Wendy had a long talk with Frank Esposito the other day. Mostly about Sunday hunting, hunting in general, and 2A. She liked how and what he said, hence a sign is on the road. He should stir up MGA a bit. Chris

Frank is a great guy and a member of our Church. He is a straight shooter, no BS kinda guy, still a Marine at heart.

We had a political forum at our Church a few weeks ago and all three of these guys, Frank, Gallion and 2 names along with Bowers, Cassilly (sp?) and Theresa Reilly, and Kevin Hornberger. Bowers and Randers-Pehrson were by far the least impressive. I would have no problems with Frank or Gallion either one. I voted for Frank Monday.

Another side note, Kevin's Uncle and a cousin are both Deacons in our church.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom