Soldier's Handbook of the rifle Model of 1917 - anyone want it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    This was my Great Grandfathers from WWI. It's in good shape and the score book portion isn't filled out. Thought someone may want it to go with their rifle or as part of their collection.

Also have some other stuff of his from the war if anyone is interested - spurs, steel helmet, other training manuals, officers hat, maybe more. I don't want any money or anything for any of it, just hate to throw it away and don't want it to sit in a box here and rot.

Attachments

• 1917 Rifle Book.jpg
      1917 Rifle Book.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 312
    Last edited:

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    I have some things of his from the war and lot's of other stuff from him that I'm not letting go of. This is just the "overstock". I'd rather give it to someone who would use or enjoy it.

I also knew him well as he lived close when I was a kid and was almost 100 when he died. I have great memories of him from when I was growing up.

PM Inbound.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Neat piece of history. Very generous of you.

Should go to someone who owns a 1917 rifle. Plenty on MDS.

Karma.

My first thought was to do it in the Karma thread, but I wasn't sure it fit there. I put it here hoping someone with a 1917 would take it. I figured no one without a 1917 would be interested in it.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    The 1917 manual is back up for grabs.

SRD has offered it back up for someone who has a 1917 Rifle. I'll keep the order from this thread on who has first dibs on it (Ironnewt, BeltBuckle, SKIP), but you should have a 1917 rifle please. Post here or PM me.

Last edited:

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Was he in a Maryland unit? If so you should contact the Maryland Military History Museum at the Fifth Regiment Armory and see if they would like to add his stuff to their displays. The museum is awesome if you haven't been there, BTW.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Don't know if its still available, but my two 5 digit Winchesters would love the company. Nice of you to think about us at any rate. :thumbsup:

rifelman

Aug 7, 2008
    Calvert County
    Hi I'm close in Calvert and a 1917 is one of my prize possessions. My Grandfather was in WWI also, but he's been gone a long time. He was a gunner on a .30 MG and carries a 45 colt revolver

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Was he in a Maryland unit? If so you should contact the Maryland Military History Museum at the Fifth Regiment Armory and see if they would like to add his stuff to their displays. The museum is awesome if you haven't been there, BTW.

He was with the Ohio Engineers. He moved to MD after the war.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    This afternoon I received NaySayers GGF WWI manuals. I hope you can read the titles. The manual on Gas Attacks is marked Confidential. Not to be taken into front line trenches.
    There will be a quiz for all WWI vets on the forum.:)

Attachments

• P1010038.JPG
      P1010038.JPG
      93 KB · Views: 87

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads