• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Just wanted to post up that Maryland Rifle Clubs Curio and Relic Shoot is this Saturday on the AGC 200 yard range.

I'd love to see more of you guys out there.

I have equipment to lend if you need it (scope and mat), etc.

I'm sure there are a bunch of coaches here that can help you if you are a new shooter. Besides, the first year you learn to carry the gear. It's not till the second year that you are expected to hit the black.

Don't worry about experience. If you can safely shoot an iron sighted rifle we can help you with all the rest.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    CMP Match – Garand/Springfield/Vintage Rifle Match

WHEN: October 4, 2014 @ 8:15 am – Noon

WHERE: AGC 200 Yd. Range

COST: $5.00

COURSE OF FIRE: All stages will be fired at the distance of 200 yards using standard NRA SR high power targets. All stages will be slow fire; there will be no rapid fire stages in this match.Targets will be pulled and scored after each shot.
    The match will consist of three stages.
    First Stage: Prone – up to 5 sighting shots plus 10 shots slow fire for record
    Second Stage: Sitting (or kneeling) – 10 shots slow fire for record
    Third Stage: Offhand (standing) – 10 shots slow fire for record
    Scores will be recorded on the basis of a maximum possible of 300 aggregate pints (100 points for each stage.) X’s will be used to break ties.

SLING USAGE: Slings may only be used in prone and sitting positions.

LOCATION: The 200 yard range, at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore range facilities.

QUALIFIED RIFLES: This match will be for single shot, bolt action, or semiautomatic military rifles recognized by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF) as Curio and Relic (C&R) firearms. Rifles will be as-issued, equipped only with as-issued iron sights; no scopes or aftermarket sights will be permitted.

AMMUNITION: Competitors may use surplus, new production, or reloaded ammunition. Ammunition will not be supplied.

REGISTRATION: Open to the public. Competitors may register between 8:15 and 8:45 on the day of the match.

RANGE LIMIT: First forty (40) entries

FIRST ROUND DOWNRANGE: 9:00 a.m. sharp

TARGET OPERATION: Competitors are responsible for target operation and scoring. A target scoring tutorial will be given between 8:30 and 8:45.

SCORE-KEEPING: Competitors will be responsible for providing score-keeping for other competitors. A score-keeping tutorial will be given between 8:30 and 8:45.

FOOD AND DRINK: Competitors must provide their own lunches. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at all times while on AGC Property. There will be no break for lunch; competitors are expected to eat their lunches while in the target pits, at the scoring tables, or in the assembly area behind the firing line.

RANGE SAFETY: Both eye and ear protections are strongly recommended on the firing line, at the scoring benches, and in the target pits.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Damn. How did I not notice this coming up before? I have a conflict, but looks like a wunnerful chance to take my Krag for a spin (not to mention the rest of the old wood pining for some exercise).

Is this predictable enough I could mark my calendar for next year or the spring edition?

Sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry I'll be out of town. Thanks!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    There should be another match in November.

I don't know if I'm going to make this one.

This is a great match for bolt guns and even single shots, because it's all slow fire.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Damn! Have so much going on this weekend there's no way I can attend. Will try to make the Nov. match (assuming we're not up to our asses in snow by then, if you believe the Farmer's Almanac).

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If someone brought an American Mosin, would they be laughed off the property?

Your Mosin will not be laughed at.

If only I could SEE 200 yds....

The 200 yard target is bigger, and looks identical to a 100 yard target.

It was one of these Vintage matches that hooked me back in 2009. I did not win first place, but I was getting hits at 200 yards, and it was exhilarating.

What really hooked me was when I accidentally hit the X ring at 200 yards from the standing offhand position.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I won a nice plaque in 2003 with my M1917. Back then $20 was the entry fee. I guy named Dave ran it.

The $5 fee basically covers expenses for this match. I believe the higher fee charged previously was because it was a money match where there were cash prizes for the top 3 competitors.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    My wife ended up getting sick and I'm stuck with the kidlets. I hope a bunch of you are having fun with the match!

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    I am stuck at work. Wishing I was their.

Me too. This is bull****.

idonotaccept_zpse760464a.gif

Also, there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom