• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    Okay, so I finally bit the bullet and tried to get the trigger assembly back together. A little sewing thread, a vice, and lots of skin removal on my finger, and I am back in business. The pieces only really fit together one way, and I used a picture I found on the internet to make sure it went back together right.

So I am reassembling my beloved 30-30, and I have the receiver all back together. The only thing left is the stock, mag tube, spring, and forearm, so I thought I should probably test the action now and make sure everything is copacetic. The hammer won't stay cocked:mad54::mad54:!!! If I mess around with it, it will stay cocked sometimes, but most of the time it rides forward again with the bolt. Also, when it does cock, if I push the hammer farther down with my finger, it comes back up by itself :mad54::mad54:

Don't know what's wrong with this thing. Everything looks fine, and it only goes back one way :mad54:

Enough venting, anyone have any idea what's going on with it?

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    I hope I don't have this much trouble when I put mine back together, I took mine apart to reblue it. Tell you what I'll give a $100 for that ole hunka junk.:deal: ;)

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    I hope I don't have this much trouble when I put mine back together, I took mine apart to reblue it. Tell you what I'll give a $100 for that ole hunka junk.:deal: ;)

Tempting. She was a never fired 1991 94 RANGER in the original box, original paperwork etc. when I got her. I only put 40 rounds through her to make sure she still functioned. I noticed while cleaning it that she was feeling a little loose, like screws were working a little loose etc. so I thought I would take it down, clean her real good, and tighten it all up. This trigger assembly has me wanting to throw her out the window though lol:lol2:

It really isn't a bad process as long as you MAKE SURE the hammer mainspring doesn't come upseated off the hammer or its mount. When you put the tigger assembly back in, watch the hole for the screw. The assembly doesn't go in anywhere near as far as you think it does. That's how my mainspring came off, I was trying to wiggle the assembly farther up the reciever than necessary, and it pulled the hammer all the way back and BAM.. off came the little hook piece that attaches at the back of the hammer.

The trigger assembly itself is a pretty easy piece, and the parts only go together one way, but for some reason the hammer isn't locking back anymore :( Anyone know why the hammer wouldn't lock back, or what piece I forgot to hook together when I assembled it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom