• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Glad to hear the adults are still in charge.
    Florida was starting to look like Lord of the Flies.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I heard last night it is already legal in eight states. At least some places have been enlightened. I don't remember hearing of any teachers shooting up a school

One was Hawaii. I think it was 8 states that allow by law or the law is silent on the issue.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    I agree with teachers being armed 100%.
    The problem I see arising, is how will you vet the teachers to make sure they will actually use the CCW weapon to shoot a "kid" that is at the school to hurt other "kids", especially if they are former students.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I agree with teachers being armed 100%.
    The problem I see arising, is how will you vet the teachers to make sure they will actually use the CCW weapon to shoot a "kid" that is at the school to hurt other "kids", especially if they are former students.

Just like the 2nd Amendment. Neither guarantees you will win a gun fight but both give you that chance to win. I will go 50/50 on a armed teacher and 1/99 on a unarmed teacher

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Please use the proper sound bites... You can't say "Evaluate and train volunteer teachers to become armed marshals". You have to say "Give teachers guns" then imply that it's not really voluntary and also make it sound like the guns will randomly go off and wing children...

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I'm going to guess that student assaults on teachers, if there were any, will suddenly become a non-issue.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I don't remember hearing of any teachers shooting up a school

It is almost as if a teacher who wanted to harm their students might consider ignoring laws telling them not to and it seems like teachers who seriously want to kill their students are incredibly rare. So rare I don't recall that happening off hand. They probably have been historically unlikely to shoot kids if we trust them alone with a room of students everyday.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    My ultra liberal neck bearded BIL who is married to the ultra liberal Mizzou "educated" CNN commentator posted a meme on Facebook today of a thin, frail, pale white woman pointing a handgun at a cowering black child. The caption said something about "Arming teachers is an excuse to murder black students".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom