Poll to hit- Do you support new restrictions...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Regarding armed teachers. I watched an interview last night with a teacher that did not want to have a gun. She didn't get that it was an option not a requirement - donk. Look at all the teachers that have lost their lives PROTECTING students. Shouldn't they have had the right to stop the shooter and save THEIR lives as well? Fred55

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Regarding armed teachers. I watched an interview last night with a teacher that did not want to have a gun. She didn't get that it was an option not a requirement

The narrative is being pushed that it is going to be required. The hysteria from supposedly educated people on this talking point is remarkable.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Regarding armed teachers. I watched an interview last night with a teacher that did not want to have a gun. She didn't get that it was an option not a requirement - donk. Look at all the teachers that have lost their lives PROTECTING students. Shouldn't they have had the right to stop the shooter and save THEIR lives as well? Fred55

I saw that too. Amazing that in a scenario where the BG is breaking down your door you DON'T want a gun.

Our side definitely needs to get the point across that it's optional. Trump has been starting to hammer this point that there has to be a percentage (he said 10-20%) of teachers that may want to carry on campus.
    If even 10% carried that would be a HUGE deterrent. These mass killers do not want a firefight and risk getting wounded and dying a painful death. They want to either walk away clean or take a self inflicted shot to the head.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The narrative is being pushed that it is going to be required. The hysteria from supposedly educated people on this talking point is remarkable.

The problem today is that even those on the Right are listening to the MSM. This is the truly scary part of what's happening since the school shooting in Florida.

The NRA is losing sponsors by the dozens. I heard the insurer who was behind the Carry Guard Insurance policy has backed out. I hope this is just MSM fake news, but if not, this is huge.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The problem today is that even those on the Right are listening to the MSM. This is the truly scary part of what's happening since the school shooting in Florida.

The NRA is losing sponsors by the dozens. I heard the insurer who was behind the Carry Guard Insurance policy has backed out. I hope this is just MSM fake news, but if not, this is huge.

They lost about a half dozen affinity programs. NRA the affinity programs are top Russian bot targets since parkland.

It is more important than ever for gun owners to support the NRA. The gun control lobby has been aghast at NRA going up to 58% approvals among all Americans in the most recent gallup in 2015 (done every five years or so).

The key strategic elements for the gun control lobby are:
    1) they want to make the entire issue about the NRA, and permanently damage the NRA
    2) imply that the confidentiality inherent in self/home defense firearm ownership means low numbers, which makes both owners feel fringe, and others (politicians, sponsors) think gun ownership is much is lower than it is (55 to 60% of households).
    They are actively using using "contact hypothesis" and "riot theory" (look them up) because they know that gun owners wont be telling their friends to stand up. Whereas high school students are impossible to confront without looking like an ogre.
    3) they know support for bans will fall -- as ALL the data show -- after a couple of months. This leads to two tactics a) extend news cycle lifetime (have a rally two months later) to maintain fundraising and media exposure b) argue for new laws during the period emotions are high

As much as the media playing on the gun control lobby team in highlighting what they want is telling, equally telling are the stories being ignored, played down by the media really illustrate the media complicity.

1) the story on the gigantic law enforcement and FBI headquarters incompetence is being downplayed. 39 separate visits by local police, at least half of which involve chargeable crimes by the shooter are getting nowhere near the coverage they would be if this was a bomb attack. FBI headquarter in Washington received an incredibly specific call, documenting specific threats by this guy, the transcript of the call is amazing and FBI headquarters never further investigated it and never referred it to the field office (which in turn could have found out in minutes tha t 39 calls had gone to his address). WSJ documented this and barely anyone else:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-tip-line-caller-said-nikolas-cruz-is-going-to-explode-1519415442

2) the Russian government social media influence work on this is ALL in support of the gun control groups and attacking the NRA.
    In the case of the election it appears to be 60% against Hillary and for Trump and 40% for Hillary and that story narrative in the press is that it was all support for trump. Yet with this issue on parkland and the attack on the NRA and second amendment, all the Russian work is support for Bloomberg and Soros messaging, yet this is simply called "divisive" work by Russians implying the Russians do not have a side they picked . they do.

I swear I feel funny pointing out #2. Really I feel like I have to check myself from a paranoia "the Russians are coming" like the movie satire. But the stone cold fact is the Russians are pumping huge amounts of social media likes, social media posts, retweets and hashtag pumping against the NRA.

Yet 99% of the media stories are saying just "divisive" or worse yet implying the Russians are promoting the NRA. The facts show the Russian action is concerted nd consistent anti-NRA:
    "A survey of tweets using the top hashtags flagged by the Hamilton 68 dashboard showed tweets adamantly in favor of gun control and saying the NRA had taken "blood money."

yet look at this by CNN, they imply exactly the opposite of which the researchers found:
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/russian-bots-florida-shooting-intl/index.html
    Listen 15 seconds in: "In the hours after parkland...talking points of extreme right on guns...." BULL, the data show that the Russian bot farms on parkland is extreme LEFT on guns.
    "boycottNRA" is the second largest Russian troll bot activity (after Syria)
    just look here, at this non partisan expert site:
    https://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    They lost about a half dozen affinity programs. NRA the affinity programs are top Russian bot targets since parkland.

It is more important than ever for gun owners to support the NRA. The gun control lobby has been aghast at NRA going up to 58% approvals among all Americans in the most recent gallup in 2015 (done every five years or so).

The key strategic elements for the gun control lobby are:
    1) they want to make the entire issue about the NRA, and permanently damage the NRA
    2) imply that the confidentiality inherent in self/home defense firearm ownership means low numbers, which makes both owners feel fringe, and others (politicians, sponsors) think gun ownership is much is lower than it is (55 to 60% of households).
    They are actively using using "contact hypothesis" and "riot theory" (look them up) because they know that gun owners wont be telling their friends to stand up. Whereas high school students are impossible to confront without looking like an ogre.
    3) they know support for bans will fall -- as ALL the data show -- after a couple of months. This leads to two tactics a) extend news cycle lifetime (have a rally two months later) to maintain fundraising and media exposure b) argue for new laws during the period emotions are high

As much as the media playing on the gun control lobby team in highlighting what they want is telling, equally telling are the stories being ignored, played down by the media really illustrate the media complicity.

1) the story on the gigantic law enforcement and FBI headquarters incompetence is being downplayed. 39 separate visits by local police, at least half of which involve chargeable crimes by the shooter are getting nowhere near the coverage they would be if this was a bomb attack. FBI headquarter in Washington received an incredibly specific call, documenting specific threats by this guy, the transcript of the call is amazing and FBI headquarters never further investigated it and never referred it to the field office (which in turn could have found out in minutes tha t 39 calls had gone to his address). WSJ documented this and barely anyone else:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-tip-line-caller-said-nikolas-cruz-is-going-to-explode-1519415442

2) the Russian government social media influence work on this is ALL in support of the gun control groups and attacking the NRA.
    In the case of the election it appears to be 60% against Hillary and for Trump and 40% for Hillary and that story narrative in the press is that it was all support for trump. Yet with this issue on parkland and the attack on the NRA and second amendment, all the Russian work is support for Bloomberg and Soros messaging, yet this is simply called "divisive" work by Russians implying the Russians do not have a side they picked . they do.

I swear I feel funny pointing out #2. Really I feel like I have to check myself from a paranoia "the Russians are coming" like the movie satire. But the stone cold fact is the Russians are pumping huge amounts of social media likes, social media posts, retweets and hashtag pumping against the NRA.

Yet 99% of the media stories are saying just "divisive" or worse yet implying the Russians are promoting the NRA. The facts show the Russian action is concerted nd consistent anti-NRA:

yet look at this by CNN, they imply exactly the opposite of which the researchers found:
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/russian-bots-florida-shooting-intl/index.html
    Listen 15 seconds in: "In the hours after parkland...talking points of extreme right on guns...." BULL, the data show that the Russian bot farms on parkland is extreme LEFT on guns.
    "boycottNRA" is the second largest Russian troll bot activity (after Syria)
    just look here, at this non partisan expert site:
    https://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/
    But we are not powerless. I just canceled my Hertz Gold Card citing their decision to terminate their affiliation with the NRA. If a few more NRA members do that, they may decide to crawl back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom