• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When I picked up my new Amercan Rifleman, it randomly open to a small article that stated the NRA High Power Championships would be moving to Camp Atterburry, In . From Camp Perry, OH . What's up with this ?

Ok, Camp A may well be a fine facility , but what's up with splitting off the NRA Championships? Is there a fued between NRA and DCM ( CMP, whoever) ? Is this a move to have shooters participate in one or the other ?

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Certainly seems that way... CMP Eastern Games are the same date as the NRA Convention this year too... Guess everyone is going to have to choose one or the other.. I'm chosing CMP

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Nra and cmp can not seem to play nice. There is now a nra distinguished program, and a cmp classification program. Each are trying to one up each other.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I don't know what the NRA is thinking. Looking at the schedule for the High Power Rifle Matches, adding so called "side matches" in between the High Power Rifle Matches, the Mid-Range matches and the Long Range Matches adds a lot of unnecessary time to the events and eats up a lot of additional vacation time in order to attend all three.
    Add in the Indiana Governor's Match and the Whistler Boy Junior Team Match ( if you are taking juniors), the Matches run from July 7-25th! I will not be attending this year. It is not worth the considerable time and expense just to get a picture of the trophy you win. The NRA really needs to step up their game and get some serious sponsorship/prizes!

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Well..... you hear the latest. NRA is so screwed up that the 2017 nationals may be cancelled, and 2018 is moving back to perry.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    interesting post on facebook that camp atterbury may even be out of the loop(i.e base is unaware of possible venue change). not nice.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    2017 is still on for Atterbury but, 2018 is supposed to be back at Perry and GET THIS, WILL BE RUN BY THE CMP! Alan Coors is president of the NRA and sits on the board at CMP, not that there is any conflict of interest or anything. :sarcasm:
    I have the post card the NRA sent, "The NRA National High Power Rifle Matches are looking forward to the next 100 years of competitive shooting sports and tradition at Camp Atterbury, Indiana."
    So much for truth in advertising.:tdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom