• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Kennedy is rumored to be wavering on Heller, so even with Gorsuch the outcome is uncertain. RBG or one of the other left leaning judges would need to be replaced before I have any confidence the post-Heller 2A Two-Step by the Circuits will be brought to an end by a new SCOTUS ruling.

Gorsuch may give Kennedy a little more backbone. Thomas has been taking up some of the slack since Scalia's passing but he is not as articulate as Gorsuch looks to be. Hopefully a new voice on Originalism will shore up the conservative wing and may even serve to moderate the opinions on the other side.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Gorsuch may give Kennedy a little more backbone. Thomas has been taking up some of the slack since Scalia's passing but he is not as articulate as Gorsuch looks to be. Hopefully a new voice on Originalism will shore up the conservative wing and may even serve to moderate the opinions on the other side.

^^ This is what I am hoping. Gorsuch was assigned to Kennedy. When they meet again I hope his first words are: We meet again Justice Kennedy. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the Master. ... only in a less evil voice, naturally.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Senator Diane Feinstein's comments and quote of Heller was completely out of context. Most the liberal progressive all do the same idiotic 2 step.

.It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service—M-16 rifles and the like—may be
    banned,
    then the Second Amendment right is completely detached from the prefatory clause. But as we have said,
    the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification was the body of all citizens
    capable of military service, who would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at home to militia
    duty. It may well be true today that a militia, to be as effective as militias in the 18th century, would require
    sophisticated arms that are highly unusual in society at large. Indeed,

She did quote ""It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service—M-16 rifles and the like—may bebanned.""

But failed completely to finish the sentence and paragraph. Remember English 101?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    ^^ This is what I am hoping. Gorsuch was assigned to Kennedy. When they meet again I hope his first words are: We meet again Justice Kennedy. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the Master. ... only in a less evil voice, naturally.

Darth Gorsuch?

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Senator Diane Feinstein's comments and quote of Heller was completely out of context. Most the liberal progressive all do the same idiotic 2 step.

She did quote ""It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service—M-16 rifles and the like—may bebanned.""

But failed completely to finish the sentence and paragraph. Remember English 101?

It you listen carefully she left out the "It may be objected that if" part (see 19:34 of the OP). They take a conditional sentence and ignore the fact that it actually a condition and refuse to acknowledge the consequence of the condition.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    It you listen carefully she left out the "It may be objected that if" part (see 19:34 of the OP). They take a conditional sentence and ignore the fact that it actually a condition and refuse to acknowledge the consequence of the condition.

:thumbsup: Matter of fact she left out all the important parts and did misquote the sentence.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    If Judges are ruling based on what Trump said during his campaign, does that mean that Ginsburg should recuse herself in cases where Trump or his administration is a party to a case before her?

She did say a couple of times she didn't like him.

I had always that comment was a tactic by the court to have a recusal and avoid a 4-4 split in the event issues in the election went to the SC. I seriously doubt A SC justice would be so dense as to comment in public on a presidential candidate.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I had always that comment was a tactic by the court to have a recusal and avoid a 4-4 split in the event issues in the election went to the SC. I seriously doubt A SC justice would be so dense as to comment in public on a presidential candidate.

Except...if there is no recusal and either party feels it biased the SC outcome, who do you appeal the verdict to? There's no redress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom