Central Maryland Restaurant thread (show me pics of your food)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Was just near there checking out the local stuff. Is the pool hall any good? Been looking for a place to shoot pool.

I don't know as I haven't been in there, it's probably worth a try, I play up in Frederick.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    At Wilcom's now. The place looks like a total dive from the outside, lol. This should be interesting. Will keep updated.

The cream of crab soup was Ok. Not as thick as I like it.

Steak is perfect

All in it was very good but a lot more expensive than when we normally eat out. My entree alone was what we normally spend for two, lol

Attachments

• IMG_8043.jpg
      IMG_8043.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 404
    • IMG_8044.jpg
      IMG_8044.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 408

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wilcoms is right next to the old drag strip. It was probably a rough joint when the drag strip was in business, but it's somewhat more upscale now

Attachments

• IMG_8045.jpg
      IMG_8045.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 394

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Avery's Maryland Grill where Jug Bridge Seafood used to be. Good burgers, crab soup, crab pretzel, wings, sammiches.
    Mexicali Cantina where Watson's used to be in Frederick.
    Lucky Corner for Vietnamese food in Frederick.
    Isabella's, Brewers Alley, Acacia in downtown for tapas, good food, and American cuisine.
    La Paz in downtown Frederick.
    Nido's in Frederick is decent.
    Chubby's in Emmitsburg for BBQ.

Avery's is great.
    No good Mexican in Frederick .
    Lucky Corner is great but only on 7th St. The new one sucks.
    Acacia is gone and replaced by the subpar Reina. Both stunk/stink.
    Went to Isabella's Saturday night. My wife loves it. It's ok.
    Sabor de Cuba is our favorite downtown restaurant.
    Try il Porto for Italian. I just think going out for Italian is a waste.
    Chubby's is awesome. Wish it were closer. Anyone tried Blackies BBQ off 7th?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wife and I were walking in Downtown Frederick sort of near Carroll Creek and strolled past Black Hog BBQ. Looks like a chain but the place was sure busy.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    There are 3 Black Hogs, I believe: downtown, 1 up by Wegmans, and 1 in Urbana. They are owned by the same guy who owns The Tasting Room but don't be fooled, the BBQ is not Tasting Room quality. It's just ok (and pricey). The Wegman's and Urbana locations are getting negative reviews for some reason.

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Was just near there checking out the local stuff. Is the pool hall any good? Been looking for a place to shoot pool.

I know some folks that shoot there off & on. They used to have 8 ball tournaments on Tuesday nights & 9 ball tournaments on Thursday nights. $10 per player 1st & 2nd place get the $$. I'm not sure if they still do that but they have tables

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    There are 3 Black Hogs, I believe: downtown, 1 up by Wegmans, and 1 in Urbana. They are owned by the same guy who owns The Tasting Room but don't be fooled, the BBQ is not Tasting Room quality. It's just ok (and pricey). The Wegman's and Urbana locations are getting negative reviews for some reason.

I haven't been to the one in Urbana, but the one by Wegmans sucks, it is just a poor fast food version of the one downtown. The one downtown is much better and has specials during the week on both food and beer. They also carry a bunch of beers that you won't find in a normal bar. But seating is limited.

bricharbak

Nov 18, 2011
    Carroll County
    Try the Golden Beak next time you want chicken. I actually like it better than Sardi's. Also try the chickpeas in curry sauce.

Golden Beak's chicken is good too and on par with Sardi's. Can't go wrong there, they are very friendly as well. I'll have to try the chickpeas in curry sauce.

I probably prefer Sardi's slightly more because of the sides and spicy vinegrette dressing. I love their fired rice.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The Talapia special at Mi Casa in Ellicott City. Pretty good!

Attachments

• IMG_8101.jpg
      IMG_8101.jpg
      81 KB · Views: 293

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I say one Saturday morning you come down to Annapolis, hit a fasted lift/cardio session with me then I'll take you Iron Rooster and get the home made pop tarts, tall stack of pancakes, or breakfast burrito or even the burger with waffle buns lol.. The fiance and I love that place..

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I say one Saturday morning you come down to Annapolis, hit a fasted lift/cardio session with me then I'll take you Iron Rooster and get the home made pop tarts, tall stack of pancakes, or breakfast burrito or even the burger with waffle buns lol.. The fiance and I love that place..

That sounds pretty awesome!! I might take you up on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom