• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    some of the best food I've ever eaten has come from places that didn't look that good from the outside.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Its not so much raw fish that she has a problem with, I guess the building looks a little too run down to her. I guess she is expecting Walter White's Meth lab in terms of cleanliness.

A couple of sushi places in Columbia are "all you eat" but they only bring you a few rolls at a time and it takes 10 mins or so to get more rolls. Turns out to be a terrible deal. I wish they had a buffet, I could HOUSE some sushi then.

I can personally attest, that the inside of J&Y is clean, and comfortable. Just the outside is run down. They chose it, because the price was right, and they needed a place to start.

The service is excellent. :thumbsup:

My daughter went to school with the owner's daughter. They have since moved, out of our district.

We never hesitate to do sushi there. Even take out, orders are always accurate.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    J&Y is awesome, don't let the building fool you. It is small and is swamped Thur - Sat evenings. Can bring your own booze in and occasionally they give you a try it roll on the house.

If the decor just can't be handled head further down 26 towards B'more and go to TAO, it is owned by the same person and is more upscale and has more cooked options just as good

That Mexican place is hit or miss. Wife likes it better than the other options but yea food is sometimes cold and not consistent service....but still the best option according to most.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Since we're on the Eldersburg food theme...
    My wife is a Jersey Girl and VERY picky about pizza. She loves Franks Pizza in the strip mall with Safeway. It is the only MD pizza shop she says is outstanding.

Have not eaten there in years but pretty sure that was the scene of a major drug bust a couple of years ago. If memory serves me right they were running coke from NY through there. Been a couple years and do not live in that area anymore so forget the year. Always wondered how they kept the lights on as empty most nights, and turns out it was drugs.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Have not eaten there in years but pretty sure that was the scene of a major drug bust a couple of years ago. If memory serves me right they were running coke from NY through there. Been a couple years and do not live in that area anymore so forget the year. Always wondered how they kept the lights on as empty most nights, and turns out it was drugs.

they do a lot of take out business and they are quite busy on the weekend nights, know nothing about the drugs.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    My wife is a Jersey Girl and VERY picky about pizza. She loves Franks Pizza in the strip mall with Safeway. It is the only MD pizza shop she says is outstanding.

my wife likes them best also but the wait is ridiculous on the weekends esp Friday during lent, even if she calls an hour ahead of time, so we tend to forego them.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Dag I'll have to try Frank's Pizza, love me some pizza

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013

dang! I feel bad for you about the picky pizza part. when you are hungry any pizza tastes good. I've found jersey people have a vendetta against pizza and I don't know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom