• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    Is it worth driving across town for?

It wasn't worth me walking 25 feet for. Not sure if you're a fan of dry and though chicken.

I'll give them another shot but they are 0/3 in my experience so far.

Scrapdawg

Jan 10, 2011
    Frederick County
    If you are looking for Watson's chicken, try the new Watsons carryout in Jefferson. Supposed to be owned by someone in the Watson family and using the Watson recipes

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Rico's is damned good. Since its just over the mountain, will check out Watson's in Jefferson...

I will be honest, RoFo is hit or miss... have had good chicken there and not so good, near the jobsite we like hip-hop chicken... the 14 yr old and wife are addicted to kfc, just because its the same ol same... trying to get them to change... thinking I may hit the watsons in Jeff this weekend

rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    Rico's is damned good. Since its just over the mountain, will check out Watson's in Jefferson...

I will be honest, RoFo is hit or miss... have had good chicken there and not so good, near the jobsite we like hip-hop chicken... the 14 yr old and wife are addicted to kfc, just because its the same ol same... trying to get them to change... thinking I may hit the watsons in Jeff this weekend

You need to go when it's fresh. The one in Salisbury is amazing.

Stick to Rico's chicken and coffee if you want a ton of delicious food for a cheap price. I go there 10+ times a month.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    And its open. Side note, they want you to link your checking account to their rewards card. I don't think so.....

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423

Second Rico's, Watsons is just like the old Watson's that was in downtowne Frederick across from Comcast or for those ole people A&P parking lot. Gooood chicken...

-Rock

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I usually get my fried chicken from Harvest Chicken in Woodbine, right down the road from SCSG. They have the best cornbread too.

I'll have to try the new Royal Farms, I've never had their chicken before.

I need to try the new Popeyes in New Market too. Kinda nice having a new place to eat that's literally only 3 minutes from my house. I'd rather they'd have put a Chic Fil A there though.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Dry and tough chicken isn't worth it. I think I'd be better off going to Royal Farms.

Well, we went to the Royal Farms in Urbana to try the chicken. It was OK, will probably have it again since one will be opening very close, but wife and I both agree, we like Popeye's fried chicken better.

Agreed.

New Popeye's opened up in New Market on 144, next to CVS.

There is something wrong with the Popeye's in New Market. 10 piece spicy tenders at Popeye's on west side of Frederick is $13 and change. At New Market, same tenders, they sell a dozen for $24. I called them on it and they had no explanation.

You want really good fried chicken go to an AC&T convenience store. I have been to the one in Hancock numerous times and the one in Smithsburg a couple times. That is good fried chicken!!!!

Last edited:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    That's pretty creepy...

0c5jIsC.gif

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    There is something wrong with the Popeye's in New Market. 10 piece spicy tenders at Popeye's on west side of Frederick is $13 and change. At New Market, same tenders, they sell a dozen for $24. I called them on it and they had no explanation.

It's called regional pricing and it can vary between fast food restaurants as little as a mile apart. A sausage biscuit with cheese from McDonald's in Damascus is $0.10 cheaper than a sausage biscuit with cheese in Olney.

When I worked for Brio Tuscan Grille, our restaurant in Tyson's was nearly 25%-30% more expensive than our restaurant in Richmond. The exact same filet mignon you'd get at our Richmond store for $25 cost $32 at Tyson's Corner.

My guess is that the folks in New Market can probably afford slightly higher prices than the people living along the Golden Mile, so Popeye's gives them the chance to. It'd be interesting to see if the one on Buckeystown Pike had a different pricing structure as well.

hup234

Feb 15, 2017
    I recently went to Royal Farms specifically to try the chicken. A few friends have raved about it, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe I just got there on a bad day. Might go again when I get the urge, not anytime in the near future.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I recently went to Royal Farms specifically to try the chicken. A few friends have raved about it, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe I just got there on a bad day. Might go again when I get the urge, not anytime in the near future.

You were obvious there at a bad time and got chicken that had been sitting for a while. Go during lunch time when the chicken is fresh. If there's some in the fryer wait around til it comes out. That is THE BEST.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Well, that didn't last long. Anyone hear/know why they shut-down so quickly? Moving to a different location, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom