• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Can someone please tell me if the POF 308 w/16" barrel is cash and carry or is it regulated? My FFL says it is regulated and I did all of the paperwork but I thought it was an AR10 copy and it wasnt regulated. Any clarification would help me.

Also I did a search and I didnt find what i was looking for. I know it has been asked here somewhere.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    308's are not regulated. 2A Sales had one in late last week and was C&C.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I called MSP firearms division and the woman on the phone was firendly enough but she was acting as a relay to a trooper. Not sure if she really understood what I was as saying.

However she informed me that it was not a regulated firearm and that I could get it cash and carry. :party29:

Now I have a problem, MSP said I could have the dealer withdraw my application and take possession of the firearms now. However, it is up to the FFL. I will ask and see.

One can only hope he gives it to me since I am only about 30 days into my background check.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    POF's are cash and carry.There also a awesome Rifle !!! :-) Congradulations!!

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    The POF should be cash and carry. If your FFL won't do it, get your money back and take it over to 2A Sales... they will cash and carry it. I was in there Friday and they had one.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    turns out POF marks their lowers Multical.... damn it.

Your ffl is lying to you regardless of whether the lower is marked multi cal. It is C&C and like others have said, either have him call the msp (they will tell him he can release it) or take it elsewhere. The last thing we need right now is uninformed ffls who treat everything as regulated.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    It is .308, I believe it is a piston gun, and it is definitely not on the list or a copy of one on the list, even if it had a 5.56 upper it would still be cash and carry.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    It is .308, I believe it is a piston gun, and it is definitely not on the list or a copy of one on the list, even if it had a 5.56 upper it would still be cash and carry.

Yes it is a piston gun with 1 beautiful 1 piece bolt carrier and roller bearing where the cam pin is !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom