• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Remember when Hogan said he wouldn't roll back any gun laws?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg17eqc0wu0

The democrats may be using these 2 low impact bills to paint him into a corner...

If he vetoes them he loses face with 2A rights advocates (us) if he signs them he loses support from some dems that helped him get elected..

Wait until next year...there will be plenty more of this...not all gun bills, but the GA will be doing exactly what they did to Erhlich...
    on top of this Hogan just pissed off a lot of people in Western MD by supporting the fracking ban...the dems in the GA smell blood in the water. I have a lot of family out there...saying the residents are angry is an understatement...Hogan has a real war ahead of him if he is going to be reelected...but i've been saying that for 3 years...

I'm fascinated by your descent, your steadfast passion to derail and go against the grain on this fight. It's a keen ability to see the worst of a situation and express it with such full-on zeal. Is it true you were abused as a child that has resulted in this self-hate?

For the rest of us...I just made my calls and you need to do so now. There's is only an hour before this hearing at 11am.

Is is just me, or do other see a "face" in esqappellate avatar.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

The democrats may be using these 2 low impact bills to paint him into a corner...

If he vetoes them he loses face with 2A rights advocates (us) if he signs them he loses support from some dems that helped him get elected..

<snip>

There is a third option, he could just let them become law without signing them.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If Hogan signs these bills, it means a awful lot of Democrats voted for it.

It is not really a winning strategy to send Hogan bills to sign for the sole reason that he promised not to roll back any gun laws.

But I know that around here people have a tendency let the :tinfoil: slip.

If you are wondering "what's the catch" you may be a battered gun owner.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Wait until next year...there will be plenty more of this...not all gun bills, but the GA will be doing exactly what they did to Erhlich...
    on top of this Hogan just pissed off a lot of people in Western MD by supporting the fracking ban...the dems in the GA smell blood in the water. I have a lot of family out there...saying the residents are angry is an understatement...Hogan has a real war ahead of him if he is going to be reelected...but i've been saying that for 3 years...

I don't see that much cloak and dagger in this.

They're simply taking advantage of the current situation. The MGA, as it now stands, has the numbers to crush our spirits. With crushing our firearms as their end goal.

If they can harm Hogan in the process, they will. He is not their primary target though.

And folks should not allow themselves to be fooled or sidetracked over these two training bills becoming law. A small win? Sure. But the bills/those affected remain infinitesimally small carrots on a stick. And when folks try to take a bite, the MGA is going to kick the remainder of us squarely in the teeth.

All while sowing division within our ranks. AKA: Those who can carry vs. those who cannot. Like I said before. The MGA is comprised of evil geniuses.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I don't care how infinitesimally small the win is, I'll take it. Hell, just getting this out of committee is progress.

HB 1036 passed second reader. That's good. HB891 sent back to Judicial Committee on the Chair's motion, on life support.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    HB1036 passed 3rd reader last night. Now it goes to the Senate. Time to start calling the Senate JPR.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    HB1036 passed 3rd reader last night. Now it goes to the Senate. Time to start calling the Senate JPR.

What Dan said ^^^^. And while you're at it tell them that you oppose SB 946 (Campus carry bill) and ask them to oppose it. While SB946 is a vast improvement over HB 159, it still bans permit holders from college property. SB 946 is still in the air -- it did not make cross over. So we have the interesting situation where HB 159 was passed in the House and made cross over and is now in the Senate JPR Committee and the Senate version has been heavily amended and improved from the House version but still has not passed the Senate. So, it is elementary, My Dear Watson, that the Senate will be under heavy pressure from the House to adopt HB 159. If SB 946 passes the Senate, it will have to go to the House Rules Committee for a rule for further consideration in the House. Let the games begin.... On other fronts, neither SB 948 nor HB 1448, the private long gun sales bills, have made it out of committee in either chamber.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What Dan said ^^^^. And while you're at it tell them that you oppose SB 946 (Campus carry bill) and ask them to oppose it. While SB946 is a vast improvement over HB 159, it still bans permit holders from college property. SB 946 is still in the air -- it did not make cross over. So we have the interesting situation where HB 159 was passed in the House and made cross over and is now in the Senate JPR Committee and the Senate version has been heavily amended and improved from the House version but still has not passed the Senate. So, it is elementary, My Dear Watson, that the Senate will be under heavy pressure from the House to adopt HB 159. If SB 946 passes the Senate, it will have to go to the House Rules Committee for a rule for further consideration in the House. Let the games begin.... On other fronts, neither SB 948 nor HB 1448, the private long gun sales bills, have made it out of committee in either chamber.

The other option is that the Senate JPR heavily amends HB159 and passes it, then it goes back to the House to accept the amended version from the Senate. If the House doesn't accept the amended version we get a joint committee of both House and Senate to reconcile the bill and then both House and Senate vote on the reconciled bill. Still a lot of monkey business to go on HB159/SB946.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    The other option is that the Senate JPR heavily amends HB159 and passes it, then it goes back to the House to accept the amended version from the Senate. If the House doesn't accept the amended version we get a joint committee of both House and Senate to reconcile the bill and then both House and Senate vote on the reconciled bill. Still a lot of monkey business to go on HB159/SB946.

All true. Especially the potential for monkey business.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009

I thought the Judicial Proceeding Committee was abbreviated as JPC and your JPR was some derivation of that.

Called Zirkin, left a message on a machine. Called Kelley and was told they don't log in people out of the Senator's district.

I need and will call my Senator, Conway, but what is JPR?

TIA

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I thought the Judicial Proceeding Committee was abbreviated as JPC and your JPR was some derivation of that.

Called Zirkin, left a message on a machine. Called Kelley and was told they don't log in people out of the Senator's district.

TIA

Tell them to log this: I am not in his district, but I am donating money to whomever puts up a fight. Last time he ran unopposed. Hogan won Zirkin's district. Zirkin is vulnerable.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

TIA

From the Maryland General Assembly website links:

JUD = House Judiciary Committee
    JPR = Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Tell them to log this: I am not in his district, but I am donating money to whomever puts up a fight. Last time he ran unopposed. Hogan won Zirkin's district. Zirkin is vulnerable.

I like it!

From the Maryland General Assembly website links:

JUD = House Judiciary Committee
    JPR = Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee

I hope you didn't have to dig for that. I usually go dig, but it didn't occur to me to go there. . Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom