• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BonnieNoClyde

Oct 30, 2014
    Southern MD
    Sanner’s Lake Sportsmen’s Club announces the first annual Rimfire Steel Outlaw Trophy Match to be held Sunday April 23rd at 9AM. We are calling this an “outlaw” match because while we will be following NSSF Rimfire Steel Challenge safety and scoring rules, we will be deviating slightly from the stage design requirements. This match will be fun and challenging for the experienced shooter while still welcoming to new and less experienced shooters. The match will consist of six stages shot with both pistol and rifle for a total of 12 stages and 420 round count minimum. Bring extra ammo, as up to 11 rounds per string are allowed (5 strings per firearm per stage). Loaner firearms may be available, contact the match director prior to signing up to reserve your needed loaner(s).

Cost for the match is $35 for adults and $25 for youth (17 and under) and includes lunch plus a raffle ticket. We are raffling off a set of lightly used firearms with 5 magazines each, perfect to get someone started in Rimfire Steel shooting or take someone to the next level. The pistol is a Ruger MKII with a Volquartzen custom lower and bolt and Ruger slab-side upper and the rifle is a Ruger 10/22 with an Archangel folding stock and Barska red dot. See the flyer for more details on the specifics of the guns and rules of the raffle. Additional raffle tickets may be purchased for $5 each or 5 for $20. The set will be raffled off after the awards ceremony.

Trophies will be award for 1st through 3rd place in the Open and Limited divisions. Top Lady, Senior, Junior, Youth, Manually Operated and Cowboy will also be awarded. Additionally, the Fastest Shot and Most Accurate Shot will be awarded based upon the fastest stage during the match and the fastest time on the Accuracy Challenge stage.

We are also looking for Safety Officers and Scorekeepers. We have two options on how you can help in those areas. We will have stationary Safety Officers/Scorekeepers, who will help set up and shoot the Saturday before the match and then remain at one stage the entire match. We will also have roving Safety Officers/Scorekeepers, who will perform their duties on their squad and shoot during the match, with their squad. Safety Officers need to be an NRA RSO, IDPA or USPSA SO, have a similar qualification (contact match director with other quals). Scorekeepers – we need those familiar with the Nook and rimfire steel scoring and also backup paper scorekeeper who’s only qualification is legible handwriting! If you are able to help out please indicate so on the registration form and we’ll waive your match fee!
    For more information on the match see the attached flyer or our website: https://sannerslakesportmen39sclub.wildapricot.org/Outlaw-Trophy-Match

Sign up here: https://practiscore.com/sanners-lake-rimfire-steel-outlaw-match-april-23-2017/register

Contact the Match Director with questions: SannersRimfireSteel@gmail.com

Hope to see you at the match on April 23rd!

Attachments

• SLSC's SoMD 1st Annual Rimfire Steel Outlaw challenge - April 23 2017.jpg
      SLSC's SoMD 1st Annual Rimfire Steel Outlaw challenge - April 23 2017.jpg
      131.9 KB · Views: 301

BonnieNoClyde

Oct 30, 2014
    Southern MD
    5 magazines makes things go faster and smoother. But that said, if you at least 3 magazines or loaders then we can have someone load for you while you are shooting. Empty your first magazine, the safety officer will pass it back to be loaded and you continue on to your next string. A magazine can usually be loaded in the time it takes to shoot two strings. With only 2 magazines then the shooter is usually waiting on the loader.

What firearms are you shooting? Possible we may be able to get a magazine or loader to borrow for the match.

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Most likely a 9 shot Taurus 94 revolver. I can pick up a couple more speed loaders, they are cheap enough.

For rifle, will probably bring my Mossburg 702 plinkster (detachable magazine version of Marlin 60). I have 2 or 3 mags for it.

BonnieNoClyde

Oct 30, 2014
    Southern MD
    Sounds like that would work! I think I may have a few loaders that would work with your revolver. I have the HKS brand. Let me know closer to the match and if needed I can bring them with me that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom