• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'm looking for someone to replace two outdoor sillcocks and put in a new kitchen sink. I could probably do it but with the new baby and lack of time it will likely be 2020 by the time I get to it. Anybody know a decently priced plumber that does good work. Also I want the new pipe sweated on. I will not have shark bites anywhere in my house.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I used shark bite fittings for my recent water softener install. I'm not sure why you're against them. They are every bit as reliable as sweated or glued connections.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I think "decently price plumber" is an oxymoron. I have used several plumbers, but none I would call decently priced.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    James at Constantly Running Plumbing. He's did my sewer line, kitchen sink line, water heater, and cast iron bath tub install. He's a good guy with good prices and good work.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I've been really happy with May's plumbing. Going to call them next week for a similar job.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Looks like you've gone from not knowing anyone to do the work, to having more than enough recommendations to make this decision somewhat confusing.

Good Luck!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Indeed it does. Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like I have some phone calls to make at lunch tomorrow.

This just shows how far and wide the MDS brother/sisterhood goes. I've always been shocked at how much help there is on this forum.

Good Luck!

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Did you use any of the recommendations? If so, care to share your experience?

Ended up using a guy a friend recommended. Price was cheaper than the other few people I talked to. Prices ranged from $995 to about half that. Guy I went with is was Leo Bean and he did great work. If you want his number let me know. He put in two hose bibs and a new sink in just a few hours and everything looks great. Except for the hole in the drywall I have to patch but that was necessary to get to the front hose bib. I actually just put the gun safe in front of it so nobody will ever know......................

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom