• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anyone know when the new VA legislature sits? Curious if it isn't till the new year. I can't make the November Nation's show, but I can probably sweet talk my wife in to letting me go for the end of December show. Just wondering if VA is now going to have a chance to put a damper on the whole thing before then (I've never gone to one, curious to see them before they might be extinct).

Of course I'll hope for the best for VA...but I am also a realist.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    definitely be a seller's market the next show.

I'll have to tell my Dem friend in Va to enjoy his AR while he still can.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The current General Assembly returns for the special session on 11/18. Prefiling for 2020 also starts on that day.

The new General Assembly convenes in January and can run up to 60 days. They reconvene for a veto session in April, usually for a day. Bills passed usually take effect 7/1 that year.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Get ready to buy a ton of magazines. Especially if you live in Southern Maryland (the people up Baltimore way can shop in Pennsylvania, Western MD has WV as an option).

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm thinking of going to the November show just to listen to conversations. I'll bet it will be packed. I think Magpul will ramp up production just for this. It's amazing what kind of sales people politicians are.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Oh, I'm sure it will be overflowing. Lets just say that it would be an excellent time to help with the MSI table. And stock up on magazines, if you haven't already done so. I suspect most of us are hip-deep in AR magazines, but I've got a Beretta 81 to feed. And a P365XL on order.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Hey guys, havent been to a show in over a year. What kind of 80% stuff is floating around the shows?

I can tell you for sure in a few hours, but the last few shows have had a good supply of Polymer80 Glock lowers, Glock parts kits, AR aluminum 80%s, AR jigs, and I think some Sig 320 80%s now too. One of the guys selling the Polymer80s has aftermarket Glock slides, probably Polymer80 brand too. Some vendors have Glock 22 and 23 slides taken off of LE surplus guns. They may have 9mm ones too, but I didn't look closely.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    I can tell you for sure in a few hours, but the last few shows have had a good supply of Polymer80 Glock lowers, Glock parts kits, AR aluminum 80%s, AR jigs, and I think some Sig 320 80%s now too. One of the guys selling the Polymer80s has aftermarket Glock slides, probably Polymer80 brand too. Some vendors have Glock 22 and 23 slides taken off of LE surplus guns. They may have 9mm ones too, but I didn't look closely.
    Thanks brother if you have the time that would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    twas a good show today. the couple of glock places had reasonable prices and big selections. there were 3-4 or so places that had polymer 80 kits (from frames to ready to shoot, after drilling them out of course). i re-upped my nra membership and was the 6th in line to get in. inside wasn't that crowded. overall, glad i went. somehow i didn't buy anything at all though, though i do have some ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom