• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Seeing as I've found a decent replacement for failbucket, here's some cursory pics of items I have either bought or traded for. Figured I'd at least make myself present given my usual transparent presence.

Anyway... T-53 mismatch with a tiger stripped stock:

P-38 Nickle Plated:

Ross Mk.II 3* Sporterized:

Model 1917, Made By Eddystone (mismatch):

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How'd you carry all of that at one time? ;)

I've never seen a nickel plated P38 before. Interesting!

Congrats!

Jul 1, 2012
    I've never seen a nickel plated P38 before. Interesting!

It was "the thing" to do back in the day, more than a few got blinged out by GI's etc (Lugers too).
    Nobody realized that some of those would be real valuable - seen 480's etc that would be $6-8k pistols otherwise.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    If the chamber on the Ross hasn't been badly reamed it'll be a cracking shooter. I've got a US issued Ross that an armorer ruined with a poor attempt to open the chamber to SMLE specs. It's stupid hard on brass. I know of another MDS member who was fortunate to get one that still had an untouched Canadian spec chamber. With quality ammo the Canadian spec guns will out shoot any SMLE, they're amazingly accurate. Crossing my fingers for you that you have the latter!

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Well, worst comes to worst on the Ross Mawkie I'll tear it all the way down and get it rebuilt. But from what I can see it looks fine and seems to have been returned to the Canadians from service in WW I. Hell, it even has a name carved on the stock and a listing with a Pioneers unit! The prior owner said it was on paper but it was missing the front magazine plate screws (which I sourced replacements for). I'm hoping it's still good but I will sink the money in if not as I love the action and the feel is perfect for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom