• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    That bad? Do they have many rifles?

Its a 45 minute drive so unless there is something interesting I'll just catch the next one when I have more time and $$. Could use some smaller items and more ammo but I can always pick that stuff up online. I do like to spend as much money locally as possible though. If they have some older rifles... military surplus type stuff let me know. Maybe I'll swing down later

Honestly, I didn't see much military surplus and the older rifles I have seen some of at previous shows. By all means go don't let me talk you out of it, you know the saying ... a bad day at a gun show is better than a good day working on your floors. I have a bad taste in my mouth after seeing some of the prices and the tags are worn out, you can tell the new stock guns by the new price tags but most look like they have more miles than the guns themselves.
    The couple collecting money for the homeless called me ungrateful (the lady did) as I walked by, I told her I did donate @Stevensville and that she now knows which of us is ungrateful. She thanked me??

Mr H

Banana'd
    I see Fox's firearms is here

Am I bad for telling someone attending his first show to avoid them?!!

:innocent0

I just got back, and I must say... It is the best one I've been to there in quite some time, if not ever.

I learned they sold out the tables, which is a great thing.

Some new vendors, and tons of stuff that hadn't been there before.

Loads of Mini-14 and 10/22, AK/AR pistols, and even a bunch of KSGs.

Prices are so-so-to-high, though a couple ammo dealers had some pretty decent prices.

I picked up a few little things I didn't know I needed ;), including Mil-Surp new-in-wrapper (2012 mfg) 1911 mags from the ammo guy in the middle of the room--$10 each

Colt Tactical pens for $20 too.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

I just got back, and I must say... It is the best one I've been to there in quite some time, if not ever.

Prices are so-so-to-high, though a couple ammo dealers had some pretty decent prices.

I picked up a few little things I didn't know I needed ;), including Mil-Surp new-in-wrapper (2012 mfg) 1911 mags from the ammo guy in the middle of the room--$10 each

The 1911 mags looks like a good deal - might have to venture across the ditch tomorrow for the show and lunch at Mission Bar-B-Que!

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    That bad? Do they have many rifles?

Its a 45 minute drive so unless there is something interesting I'll just catch the next one when I have more time and $$. Could use some smaller items and more ammo but I can always pick that stuff up online. I do like to spend as much money locally as possible though. If they have some older rifles... military surplus type stuff let me know. Maybe I'll swing down later

I had a long post on my sons iPad all typed out and forgot my password so I will try from my phone.

I don't feel the same as Mr.h about the show being great. I DO NOT want to stop anyone from going though. One mans trash is... You know. There were plenty of rifles and shotties. I looked for a decent priced 10/22 and couldn't find one under $259. As I left the show, I was walking out with a guy that had one in a box. We started talking and he picked up a digital camp for $199 from an MDS member. I do t remember his handle, but his name is Fred. I would have bought that. The moral if the story is to pay attention so you don't miss the good deal amongst all the overpriced crap. Fred also had a hawk, mossberg, savage and many kSG's.

If you want an old sxs or other old shotty there were a good amount. Many of the vendors were at KI last week, so maybe that is why I felt the way I did about it. There was a knife vendor there that I was not familiar with that made some beautiful Damascus blades. Thunder Ridge Knife. It is he and 3 other guys that make them. He said he would be at York next week.

Lots of optics. Good ones and Chinese ones.

I like going because you never know what you will see. For $7 what the heck. I blow that on a lousy sandwich. There was almost no powder but a couple of people had Lee and RCBS dies. There was some bullet molds at two different vendors. Melting pot, scales, powder dispensers, etc. What I didn't see was blow guns, sling shots or rubber band guns. All make good gifts for little ones. You would think at this time of year there would be more of that.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

How can telling the truth to a person (noob's 1st show) be considered being bad??? I fail to see your reasoning there.

Colt Tactical Pens $20.00 each??? What caliber, 9mm, .45, 5.56 or .308??? Or do they have an adapter included with them to shoot all 4 calibers??? Do they accept 20 and 30 round mags??? Do they have a forward assist??? Do they have a dust cover??? Do they have a chrome lined bore??? Are the gas keys properly staked??? Do they have the li'l shoulder thinggy in the back that goes up??? Do they have the dilldough attachment lug on them??? Are they heavy berrel??? Are they cash'n carry??? Will the vendor sell one to my friend if I give him the money to buy it for me??? Will you come pick me up and we can split the gas??? NOTE: I'll pay for the gas for goin' home when you drop me off at my house.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

AK pistols, seriously? Those have been somewhat hard to find. What was the pricing?

Mr H

Banana'd
    AK pistols, seriously? Those have been somewhat hard to find. What was the pricing?

Not an item of interest, so I honestly don't know. Sorry.

I guess I need to clarify a couple of things...

Some here know that I've been pretty vocal about MD gun shows needing better participation (vendors and public) in order to thrive. The fact that this show sold out tables, IMO, is something of note. People coming to buy is important, too.

My comment about how good the show is, is simply about vendor participation and variety. Prices are not my problem. You (generically) want lower prices? Talk to the vendors. Seriously. Many of them will gladly charge what the market will bear. Others (like Lou) will be fair. It's up to the consumer to set the price point.

My prior post was partly intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but also to indicate that this particular show seems to be improving.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Not an item of interest, so I honestly don't know. Sorry.

I guess I need to clarify a couple of things...

Some here know that I've been pretty vocal about MD gun shows needing better participation (vendors and public) in order to thrive. The fact that this show sold out tables, IMO, is something of note. People coming to buy is important, too.

My comment about how good the show is, is simply about vendor participation and variety. Prices are not my problem. You (generically) want lower prices? Talk to the vendors. Seriously. Many of them will gladly charge what the market will bear. Others (like Lou) will be fair. It's up to the consumer to set the price point.

My prior post was partly intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but also to indicate that this particular show seems to be improving.

I hope I was not discouraging anyone by saying what I said (and saying that I disagreed with you). It probably was/is the best show in Annapolis in a very long time. I go to every show I can. Even if I don't need anything, it is worth the gas and entry to look around. It is kind of like mowing the grass to me...a few hours of my own to do what I enjoy. The size/crowd at HoCo is more attractive to me, but I won't turn down any show at Annapolis.

As far as prices, if you don't negotiate, well, that is your own dam* fault.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I understood what both Mr H and Overboost were saying and both were right in their own way, as for Lou ... yup I understood that too.
    There is no haggling with Fred! My total was $46.65 and he asked for $47 because he did not have change.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    I understood what both Mr H and Overboost were saying and both were right in their own way, as for Lou ... yup I understood that too.
    There is no haggling with Fred! My total was $46.65 and he asked for $47 because he did not have change.

Who is Fred? I am going today and might be in the mood to hagle depending on the topic at Church this morning. :)

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Who is Fred? I am going today and might be in the mood to hagle depending on the topic at Church this morning. :)

as you go in the door to the right in the back. he has lights on his show cases.

max111

MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2014
    somd
    For those that attended the Kent Island show last weekend and go to this show, can you give some feedback on the two shows?

we are planning to go this morning. Went to Dale City yesterday and thought KI had more stuff to look at last week. On a good note we did meet Casey with the paracord slings and stuff that my wife really liked. It was money well spent all in all with her.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

There may be two Fred's then, the Fred I mentioned is in the right front corner and is from the Eastern Shore. I don't think I saw lights, but could be wrong. Good Luck and have fun at the show as MrH says the place is full of vendors, I'm glad they sold all the tables.

Last edited:

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I had a long post on my sons iPad all typed out and forgot my password so I will try from my phone.

I don't feel the same as Mr.h about the show being great. I DO NOT want to stop anyone from going though. One mans trash is... You know. There were plenty of rifles and shotties. I looked for a decent priced 10/22 and couldn't find one under $259. As I left the show, I was walking out with a guy that had one in a box. We started talking and he picked up a digital camp for $199 from an MDS member. I do t remember his handle, but his name is Fred. I would have bought that. The moral if the story is to pay attention so you don't miss the good deal amongst all the overpriced crap. Fred also had a hawk, mossberg, savage and many kSG's.

If you want an old sxs or other old shotty there were a good amount. Many of the vendors were at KI last week, so maybe that is why I felt the way I did about it. There was a knife vendor there that I was not familiar with that made some beautiful Damascus blades. Thunder Ridge Knife. It is he and 3 other guys that make them. He said he would be at York next week.

Lots of optics. Good ones and Chinese ones.

I like going because you never know what you will see. For $7 what the heck. I blow that on a lousy sandwich. There was almost no powder but a couple of people had Lee and RCBS dies. There was some bullet molds at two different vendors. Melting pot, scales, powder dispensers, etc. What I didn't see was blow guns, sling shots or rubber band guns. All make good gifts for little ones. You would think at this time of year there would be more of that.

Thanks for the writeup! I don't mind spending the $7 nor the 45 minute drive and certainly like spending my money at Maryland businesses but I am glad I stayed home and got most of this work done. Now its football day.

I'll catch the next one. Hopefully they'll have more stuff I am interested in like an old military rifle or a nice O/U (Citori, Guerini, etc..) at a decent price.

I'll have to pickup a MD Shooters shirt.... maybe someone from here will say hello :D

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Was going to go to thE show today to check out some old M1 carbines if they got any. Some reason I have really takin a liking to them but know very little about them. Going to go to the show to do some homework

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    There may be two Fred's then, the Fred I mentioned is in the right front corner and is from the Eastern Shore. I don't think I saw lights, but could be wrong. Good Luck and have fun at the show as MrH says the place is full of vendors, I'm glad they sold all the tables.

This is the Fred that I am talking about. There may be two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom