• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    That is the kind of mount the C-More Scout has where the red dot mounts low and in front of the carry handle and is possibly co-witness with the AR irons. You might be able to buy just the carry handle mount.
    You can buy the special mount from Optics Planet:

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/c-more...UybA81unGY9LSiWJBL1-dFDyu9qKBQwBoCEdAQAvD_BwE

That is really different, having the optic that far forward. Is this your current setup? If not, have you seen anyone compete using that? If I elected to try that I would need to get a similar mount like the one I show above that has a Picatinny style mounting platform for the version of the C-More Tactical I picked up...

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I don't because I use a flat receiver. Don't like the carry handle from the M-16. I am using a side-charging Spartan upper receiver designed specifically for PCC. Has no upper CH either, just a block designed to prevent gas blowing back thru the CH port. Previously I used a smooth-sided DPMS upper (no dust cover, no forward assist). I don't like using a dust cover because of the blow-back nature of the PCC. I don't want anything that might slow the bolt down popping open the cover. Maybe if I was shooing USPSA with it I might reconsider.
    As for having the optic far forward there are 2 sides to the question. Look at the guys shooting open division 3-gun and you will see shooters with an offset red dot either far back or far forward on the receiver. I generally run a red dot as far down the upper receiver as I can because the dot moves less in relation to my head position than it does when it is close up. Plus the dot surprisingly looks to be the same size regardless of where the sight is mounted. I have shot the offset red dot in 3-gun both ways and it seems to make little difference.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I'll continue to pursue options for the 6450, but I picked up my new flat top Colt 6951 9mm rifle today, and will a traditional optic as I learn the ropes in the PCC division. I'll just have to concede, for now, that my carry handle model isn't working for me.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will look into different goosenecks options when I have the time to get back to that rifle...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I am considering this for my RRA .556 carbine or my lwrc DI.

Would you mind giving a quick review of your likes and dislikes of your spitfire 3x?

Love this thing. Haven't needed to replace the batteries. Always turns on. Etched reticle is nice and the zero has held perfectly.

6137d722af7fe8de2f6aec33adac311b.jpg

My only dislikes are the heft and that the mount for it isn't quickly removable. There is an aftermarket quick-detach for it, but it's pricey.

It is a little mall ninja-ish at first, as it had two little rails on top for maybe a small red dot or a laser. I took them off.

Don't forget that Vortex stands behind their products 100%. If it breaks, they'll make it right.

a60652ccda6be9f8205a6c4627345666.jpg

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Have you considered using an "Israeli-style" low forward mount for your reflex sight? I have no idea about which ones are any good, but the IDF made a lot of good use of them... they presumably are not horrible, and they should co-witness.

Do you mean the mount shaped like a z to put the optic on the handguard? No, not yet. For now i have decided to use this older rifle as an occasional bench 25-50 yard range and HD gun, and am waiting for the 6951 to arrive with detachable carry handle. I got a deal on Nikon's new competition 1-4x scope and mount, and will train with this combo for PCC events.

Just seeing this now. If you change your mind, I can recommend a used A.R.M.S. A2plus mount (sometimes called a swan mount) that has been bulletproof for me. It gave a lower 1/3 co-witness through an EOTech553 with A1/A2 irons. You can find them pretty regularly on GB for $75 or less and they are rock solid.

If you want to go big money you can get one of these which is the A2 plus with the SIR....

http://armsmounts.com/shop/rail-systems/a-r-m-s-51c-a1a2-s-i-r-system/

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Just seeing this now. If you change your mind, I can recommend a used A.R.M.S. A2plus mount (sometimes called a swan mount) that has been bulletproof for me. It gave a lower 1/3 co-witness through an EOTech553 with A1/A2 irons. You can find them pretty regularly on GB for $75 or less and they are rock solid.

If you want to go big money you can get one of these which is the A2 plus with the SIR....

http://armsmounts.com/shop/rail-systems/a-r-m-s-51c-a1a2-s-i-r-system/

That's some coin either way!

I found today, on a whim, that a Vortex Strikefire II red dot mounted on top of the carry handle with a low profile mount and adaptor was able to co-witness just fine. Using my prescription glasses I could see fine through the red dot or using clear shooting glasses squinting through the iron peep at 25.

That said, I'll bookmark the two items you mention. You never know...thanks.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Love this thing. Haven't needed to replace the batteries. Always turns on. Etched reticle is nice and the zero has held perfectly.

6137d722af7fe8de2f6aec33adac311b.jpg

My only dislikes are the heft and that the mount for it isn't quickly removable. There is an aftermarket quick-detach for it, but it's pricey.

It is a little mall ninja-ish at first, as it had two little rails on top for maybe a small red dot or a laser. I took them off.

Don't forget that Vortex stands behind their products 100%. If it breaks, they'll make it right.

a60652ccda6be9f8205a6c4627345666.jpg

thanks for the quick review. American defense sells the optic with their QD mount for the same price most places sell just the mount.

That would be who id probably buy though.

Impact Data Books

Team Blaster Shooter
    Nov 19, 2010
    VA
    I been shooting PCC heavily in USPSA and outlaw matches that we shoot steel at 80-110 yards. I have been using the Vortex Venom with 3 moa dot with no problems. Highly recommended.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    thanks for the quick review. American defense sells the optic with their QD mount for the same price most places sell just the mount.

That would be who id probably buy though.

just ordered one of these Friday. I will probably remove the rails as well, if for nothing else, weight savings. I wont be using them so, why not. I got an American defense QD mount for it as well.

hopefully I will like this as much as my spitfire ar 1x.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom