• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I don't lock my vehicles. It's an inconvenience for me and my family.

Difference is, I also don't go around checking peoples doors to see if they are locked, because,.... it's not my car. Rather have someone rummage through my papers and find nothing than blow out a window to...... find nothing.

But if you car (or its contents) are stolen, your insurance company can deny you coverage depending how your policy is written. I would check.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Lock your doors. That way, if someone enters your vehicle forcefully, your insurance will most likely pay for any loss including repairing any vehicle damage during entry. No car lock and you may have to bite the bullet, no pun intended, on any loss.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    But - back to the OP. Do you need a specific license in Baltimore for a firearm (over and above state law)?

Baltimore laws are peculiar. On the 77r there is that "Baltimore City" checkbox, I wondered what it was for.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    He didndunuffin, he was just making sure the car owner didn't leave any unattended babies or animals in that sweltering car, or so his lawyer says.

three possible choices:

1. - da yout was looking for a job, or something that will help him in his job search.

2. - lacking summer after school activities leaves our yout to seek other things to occupy their time and curious mind

3. - being a good neighbor, he was checking local cars to insure their doors were locked. He sometimes does this with houses.

:innocent0

Makanik

Oct 11, 2014
    Cecil Co. Maryland
    I am the same way out where I live. I do not lock my doors on my cars either unless I am going away for a few days. I keep noting in the cars other then the paper work for it. I would hate to pay for a window to have nothing stolen. I do have cameras, and lighting everywhere. Hard to believe but two great alarms are our chickens and our 2 Chihuahuas. The Chi's are not the normal yipper Chi's. They have let us know things are around when we were totally unsure till we let them loose.

I hope they catch them for you and everyone in your area. I hate nothing more then a thief! If someone was in need and them came to me I would try to help them but don't steal from me!

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    a6b018255b32a09e2be317dffb1ab250.jpg

Have seen SpaceBalls multiple times. Never before noticed the "face" on Dark Helmet's uniform. Cracked me up.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    But - back to the OP. Do you need a specific license in Baltimore for a firearm (over and above state law)?

Baltimore laws are peculiar. On the 77r there is that "Baltimore City" checkbox, I wondered what it was for.

No. That box is only so the state can keep "statistics." :tinfoil:

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    This is a constant battle. We get these people coming through about every few weeks during the early hours (Midnight to 5am) of weekdays usually. We have gotten together as a community and many of us have cameras and keep calling the police and providing photos, videos, and information. This didn't used to happen a few years ago - it is a recent development and the community is trying to fight back.

We have contacted police, politicians, and anyone else who will listen about this but haven't caught them with enough frequency or consequences to make them stop.

I'm considering whether to print up flyers with this photo and post them around the neighborhood. It will, at least, make future criminals aware that they are being watched. Maybe that will deter them somewhat.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    This is a constant battle. We get these people coming through about every few weeks during the early hours (Midnight to 5am) of weekdays usually. We have gotten together as a community and many of us have cameras and keep calling the police and providing photos, videos, and information. This didn't used to happen a few years ago - it is a recent development and the community is trying to fight back.

We have contacted police, politicians, and anyone else who will listen about this but haven't caught them with enough frequency or consequences to make them stop.

I'm considering whether to print up flyers with this photo and post them around the neighborhood. It will, at least, make future criminals aware that they are being watched. Maybe that will deter them somewhat.

I can't post here what I'd have waiting for Leroy should he choose to pay a return visit to the hood. But, I have more experience than he "operating" after dark; he wouldn't die, but he'd wish he were dead.

Lew--Ranger63

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Or it will let this guy know you are targeting him and now he will target you again possibly. And now that he knows where your camera view is so he can plan appropriately.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Or it will let this guy know you are targeting him and now he will target you again possibly. And now that he knows where your camera view is so he can plan appropriately.

It's not obvious at all when cropped.

Last edited:

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    It happened in Poolesville plenty of times so it's not limited to the city. That being said, I'd love to see a bait car method.

Tito

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Be careful because you will be labeled a cop hater. :)

Good situation awareness, and your alarm system is outstanding. I hope they catch the crook.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    That's why a Baltimore City Councilman recently caught hell for encouraging his constitutents to claim 'man with a gun' when calling for help......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom