• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AimsWellShootsWorse

Mar 2, 2011
    Prince George's County
    http://wamu.org/news/13/03/29/vote_on_gun_control_bill_expect_in_maryland_house_committees

Senator Jamie Raskin:

"Those cosmetic features are precisely what appeal to those mass shooters. They think that they look cool," Raskin says. "They are military-style assault weapons and they are getting them and going out imagining they are in some kind of movie. But those are real people being killed all over the country."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    The quote can be heard on a local radio story previewing the joint committee vote on Friday on WAMU, the NPR affiliate at American University in DC where Senator Raskin is--allegedly--a professor of Constitutional law. I say "allegedly" only because his scholarship has not yet earned him a conviction. Until convicted, he is merely an alleged Con law prof going out imagining he understands the Constitution.

Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    http://wamu.org/news/13/03/29/vote_on_gun_control_bill_expect_in_maryland_house_committees

Senator Jamie Raskin:

"Those cosmetic features are precisely what appeal to those mass shooters. They think that they look cool," Raskin says. "They are military-style assault weapons and they are getting them and going out imagining they are in some kind of movie. But those are real people being killed all over the country."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    The quote can be heard on a local radio story previewing the joint committee vote on Friday on WAMU, the NPR affiliate at American University in DC where Senator Raskin is--allegedly--a professor of Constitutional law. I say "allegedly" only because his scholarship has not yet earned him a conviction. Until convicted, he is merely an alleged Con law prof going out imagining he understands the Constitution.

"Professor" Raskin should spend a little more time paying attention during Committee hearings and a little less time on electornic chess.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wow. "Guns don't kill people, cosmetic features make people kill people 'cause they're cool"

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    So according to Raskin, if rifle furniture didn't "look cool" there would be no spree killers? I guess all we have to do to prevent another spree killing is paint firearms a lovely shade of sky blue with unicorns and rainbows and lollipops printed all over them. That would be totally uncool.

OMFG the stupidity of these people never ends.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So according to Raskin, if rifle furniture didn't "look cool" there would be no spree killers? I guess all we have to do to prevent another spree killing is paint firearms a lovely shade of sky blue with unicorns and rainbows and lollipops printed all over them. That would be totally uncool.

Mass murderers laugh at other mass murderers if they don't use a cool gun. It's a fact.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

Don't underestimate these people, they did not get where they are by being stupid. Those comments were meant to convince their hoards of followers there is a good reason for what they are doing. There of course isn't but the folks in his district lap it up and don't need to think or act...bunch of damned zombies.:sad20:

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    I heard that. These people think that bad-looking guns whisper to their owners to murder people.

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    All the mass shooters I hang with totally dis Anders Breivik 'cause he used a Ruger Mini 14. I mean, we're all like, Dude, that is so A-Team. What are you? Amish or something?

Do you suppose Tim McVeigh's rental truck had a pistol grip 'cause he got some serious numbers?

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    Ask him: if these people are imitating movie characters, then shouldn't we ban violent movies? :innocent0

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    All the mass shooters I hang with totally dis Anders Breivik 'cause he used a Ruger Mini 14. I mean, we're all like, Dude, that is so A-Team. What are you? Amish or something?

Do you suppose Tim McVeigh's rental truck had a pistol grip 'cause he got some serious numbers?

EPIC! ^^^

I dont know about the pistol grip but I'm pretty sure that rental didnt have a flash surpressor but I do believe the seat was adjustable.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm so glad that people who have literally no fuggin CLUE about guns are the folks making up these soon to be laws.

It's embarrassing, embarrassing to even live in this State.

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    Raskin is absolutely CLUELESS...So this "constitutional lawyer" is not a psychiatrist? He knows what runs through the mind of the criminal and mentally unstable? If he understands what they think, what does this say about him?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Don't underestimate these people, they did not get where they are by being stupid. Those comments were meant to convince their hoards of followers there is a good reason for what they are doing. There of course isn't but the folks in his district lap it up and don't need to think or act...bunch of damned zombies.:sad20:

I disagree. Not zombies, sheeple....:sad20:

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    There's a simple solution here.

We need hi-point to design a .223 Carbine. It would be plenty ugly. No way anyone would go on a spree with it; it'd be way too embarrassing.

Feb 28, 2013
    There's a simple solution here.

We need hi-point to design a .223 Carbine. It would be plenty ugly. No way anyone would go on a spree with it; it'd be way too embarrassing.

You mean like those AR-15's with the non-pistol grip kind of stock? Them damn things are hideous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom