• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    I bought an LEO turn-in EOTech 552 last week for $199 from CMC Govt Supply. They stated "good working order, certificate saying they were tested", and stated no returns/exchanges/refunds. I was adjusting mine to co-witness with the irons and noticed the elevation adjustment had zero effect. With 160 clicks of range, I tested, rebased, tested a couple more times. ZERO impact on red dot. I sent them an email via their website asking to swap it, or refund it.
    I'll post what happens if/when I get a reply. Don't wait to test your stuff.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I bought an LEO turn-in EOTech 552 last week for $199 from CMC Govt Supply. They stated "good working order, certificate saying they were tested", and stated no returns/exchanges/refunds. I was adjusting mine to co-witness with the irons and noticed the elevation adjustment had zero effect. With 160 clicks of range, I tested, rebased, tested a couple more times. ZERO impact on red dot. I sent them an email via their website asking to swap it, or refund it.
    I'll post what happens if/when I get a reply. Don't wait to test your stuff.

Well if you paid by credit card and they do not want to play ball you could always call the CC company.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Well if you paid by credit card and they do not want to play ball you could always call the CC company.
    This is an excellent option. If they don't take care of you and your CC company fails you, you could try to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have had good luck with that in the past. I've only done it two or three times, but it has always resulted in a successful resolution.

If you happen to use social media, putting the store on blast for selling garbage by posting about your issues on their page can help (take pics or videos of the defective product for best results). Personally not a fan of this route, but it appears to be effective.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    FYI these were part if the big eotech lawsuit and deemed defective. BBW.

Yeah... I turned one in already and regretted it. It worked perfectly. And had the 2-lever quick mount. Got $100 more than I paid for it. This one isn't related to the "fails to maintain zero over 120degree temperature range" issue. Its just broken. The CC option may be my answer tho. Good points all. Thanks.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    BTW, Eotech "claims" to have fixed the thermal drift problems and they now have a new logo to show which ones have been fixed.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The EoTech is the only optic that I have owned that i do not catch myself closing one eye when shooting. For some reason when i see circular/tubular sight my reflex is to close one eye. As for the thermal shift I have never gotten my AR hot enough or cold enough even if the rifle is kept in the trunk. As for battery life, I check all my batteries every month with a function test and leave on test. I have said it in the past who here wi willing to bet their life on a battery life number on an electronic device made by man. In a 5.75 years time who here has not checked that battery.

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    anybody own an eotech 551? i have like 4 that are about 10 years old and every time i turn it on the reticle flashes even with new batteries. you think L3 would service these under warranty?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    anybody own an eotech 551? i have like 4 that are about 10 years old and every time i turn it on the reticle flashes even with new batteries. you think L3 would service these under warranty?

You could have turned them in under the lawsuit settlement agreement and received full MSRP for them.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Yeah... I turned one in already and regretted it. It worked perfectly. And had the 2-lever quick mount. Got $100 more than I paid for it. This one isn't related to the "fails to maintain zero over 120degree temperature range" issue. Its just broken. The CC option may be my answer tho. Good points all. Thanks.

I should correct my original post, as mine was turned down because I bought it as MILSRP and they rejected my claim and have yet to return it.

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    You could have turned them in under the lawsuit settlement agreement and received full MSRP for them.

shoot yeah i wasnt sure if that was just for the thermal drift issue. i figured the models i have would have been too old for them to be included into that settlement

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom