• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2shots

Oct 14, 2010
    I did some shooting on Sunday, I could'nt wait to tryout my new Taurus 44 mag.....Well as it turns out I started shooting @ 20 yrds trying to get her dialed in when I noticed I'm still shooting left 3 inchs and I can't move the sight ajustment anymore for some reason....OK now I'm pissed, brand new gun and the rear sight would only move for 1 turn. I have never had to deal with getting a brand new gun fixed before and now I have to deal with taking back and waiting for god only knows when I'll get it back. Does anyone out there think I could call Taurus and they would send me a new rear sight assembly or is this a go threw the dealer only situation ??:mad54::banghead:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Sorry 2shot, this is why Taurus has the quality control rep that they do. Where did you buy it?

2shots

Oct 14, 2010
    Well I perchased it @ Freds Sports in Waldorf. I knew they had quality problems in the past but had noticed they cleaned up there act and were turning out some nice pieces. The gun I bought is a handsome monster to say the least but the hassel of having to take it back to the dealer to have a rear sight fixed has got me BUMMED OUT:mad:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Did you have someone else shoot it before determining the problem is with the gun and not the shooter? Are you shooting it double action or cocked?

Jim

2shots

Oct 14, 2010
    I was shooting it single action and bull bag rested, and yes my brother tried his hand at it also with the same results. I will post a pic later of the sight, you can see clearly that the sight will traverse all the way to the left while only being able to go almost half way ajusting it to the right.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Taurus .44 huh? I have the .17HMR and my wife has the .357 both in SS6 and both with scopes. Watch out for the cylinder lock on that gun, they have a case of the breaks in the frame below the cylinder. This is a picture of my .17 I used for her avatar, but, they are identical guns regardless. I know she loves shooting that .357

If you need a rear sight let me know, I have 2 of them in the spare parts pile now.

Attachments

• lisa357avatar.jpg
      lisa357avatar.jpg
      11.3 KB · Views: 156

2shots

Oct 14, 2010
    NICSHH Gun man, Well I might take you up on that. I'm waiting for a reply from Taurus and they got till tomorrow before I give up on e-mail request.:cool:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    NICSHH Gun man, Well I might take you up on that. I'm waiting for a reply from Taurus and they got till tomorrow before I give up on e-mail request.:cool:

I can tell you the parts will come from Florida, that is where they go for repairs also, repairs can take up to 2 months (been there) but, if you're waiting on an email from them, don't hold you're breath, I gave up on their customer service years ago.

The sight that came off of my gun will never be used again, it's a long distance tree rat gun and I have no plans to sell the gun in my lifetime, so, if you want it let me know. Email me sometime at SOMDSHOOT@SOMD.NET or you know how to contact me on facebook LOL

I'm still here in the old neighborhood and I'm not hard to find.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Should have bought a used S&W or Ruger. Sorry.

How many turns will the sight go in the opposite direction? Can you remove and remount the sight so that it gives you more adjustment room?

I sent 2shots the spare sight off of my Taurus and he took it to range and sighted it a few days ago. I understand the new sight I sent him worked great and he seems to be rather happy. I'm still waiting for the range report though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom