• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I picked this up yesterday and just spent over 90 minutes today cleaning what I feel was a century's worth of fouling out of it. This is my Mauser M1910, as pictured below. Won it literally by making an accidental wrong bid in an auction and got stuck with it.

Anyway, after getting it mostly clean (need to shoot it a bit to get some hard fouling out) I find the condition is actually rather good. No rust, no corrosion, and still has a LOT of strawing on some parts. Condition was definitely better than depicted in the auction pictures (and probably my pictures as well). Need to get a stockpile of .25 ACP now and take her out for some range time. Should be a neat little plinker.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Great, another semi-local guy competing for .25auto...

Looks like a decent pick-up OP. I've only shot one of those M1910's before, and it was an agreeable little shooter.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    If you don't want it I have been looking for one

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Does the holster have any markings on it?
    Sometimes the holster can be worth as much or more than the gun :)

It does actually, but it's very faint and hard to make out. BTW it IS the correct holster and the magazine fits the magazine slot perfectly.

To me, the marking is in a circle and appears to be a crown over a K-III? And another K beneath? So then, here's the best picture of the only marking on it, tell me what you think:

Last edited:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    For an accidental purchase you did well! These are nice little pistols. I used to assume pistols with the "Germany" mark were imports but this pistol had me perplexed as it sure looks like a bring back rig. So I opened my copy of Mauser Pocket Pistols: 1910-1946 by Pender and did some sleuthing. Found a rosetta stone in the form of a Norwegian police marked Model 1910 with the same "Germany" mark. These were all capture/surrender pistols so it had never been exported to the US. I'm betting this mark is found on pistols originally slated for all commercial sale or export. Also saw the same mark on a Portuguese military Model 1914 which just reinforces my opinion. I'd bet it was either purchased by a German soldier or sold from commercial inventory to the German govt during wartime.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    For an accidental purchase you did well! These are nice little pistols. I used to assume pistols with the "Germany" mark were imports but this pistol had me perplexed as it sure looks like a bring back rig. So I opened my copy of Mauser Pocket Pistols: 1910-1946 by Pender and did some sleuthing. Found a rosetta stone in the form of a Norwegian police marked Model 1910 with the same "Germany" mark. These were all capture/surrender pistols so it had never been exported to the US. I'm betting this mark is found on pistols originally slated for all commercial sale or export. Also saw the same mark on a Portuguese military Model 1914 which just reinforces my opinion. I'd bet it was either purchased by a German soldier or sold from commercial inventory to the German govt during wartime.

Definitely odd indeed then and a good find. Your explanation does make a bit of sense as I'm unsure if the exports were ever sold with holsters like this. The holster's condition is also rather good, which made me question the age.

Well, as for my use for it, a thousand rounds of .25 ACP should be good enough for me to practice pistol shooting with a mild recoil round. Only because I haven't sprung for a .22 pistol yet.

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    Thought I scored an odd one at a local auction when I won an early sidelatch 1910 last year. Good shooter, wish it had a holster.

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    Decided to sell mine, found a Beretta 391 for clays and gotta fuel the gun fund. Have it listed on vaguntrader.com. I’m more a reader/lurker and don’t have 50 posts to list here. If this post breaks the rules, please delete

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl