• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My go to are Top Gun in Fallston and JLowes guns. John is good people and a pleasure to deal with have made multiple purchases from both without issue.
    I live in Bel Air, but travel to my gun shops of choice. I just can't bring myself to go there because the previous owners were horrible. I really should stop by.
    From someone that has worked in the business, if you ever had to deal with the public that comes through the doors of a gun shop during an eight hour shift, you may not be the friendliest clerk every minute of every day either.

Most people who deal with the public feel the same way.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    W/o reading past page 4... I'll put up another positive mark for Engage. Andy and the gang are always going out of the way for every customer I've seen in there, from their small shop under the train shop to the new one now on E Gude. If I had more $$ I'd be there more often

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    From someone that has worked in the business, if you ever had to deal with the public that comes through the doors of a gun shop during an eight hour shift, you may not be the friendliest clerk every minute of every day either.

Try LE or Fire/Rescue... or Nursing!

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Wow. I just looked at that mentioned but not named GS.... and I can tell you with the jack up prices they have online, I'll never set foot in that store. Just WOW

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    W/o reading past page 4... I'll put up another positive mark for Engage. Andy and the gang are always going out of the way for every customer I've seen in there, from their small shop under the train shop to the new one now on E Gude. If I had more $$ I'd be there more often

Andy and crew are wonderful folks!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I live in Bel Air, but travel to my gun shops of choice. I just can't bring myself to go there because the previous owners were horrible. I really should stop by.
    You really should, because, this:
    Devin's a good guy. Good shop.

I never got the warm fuzzies from any of the previous iterations of that location (Bel Air Gun and Pawn, Fallston Gun and Pawn...I don't know if they were ever called, "Fast Eddy's" or if that's just what my dad called them because of the pit beef stand next door). I don't remember doing any business with them, but they were at all the gun shows and...:shrug: we just didn't click.

A few years ago, we heard that it was new ownership and a new name, "Top Gun and Jewelry." I think my wife actually found it. We stopped in on a whim, because they are less than five minutes away from our house. Bobby and Dawn were the owners. I think Bobby had some familial connection to one of the previous businesses (or maybe even was an owner?), but, starting with a clean slate, they were super friendly. We bought a few guns from them and quickly became "regulars," getting the red carpet treatment (and often a few bucks off the sticker price).

Devin was a young enthusiastic employee. His family was not into guns at all, but somehow he convinced them to buy the business :shocked3: They dropped the pawn and Jewelry part and are now just "Top Gun Firearms." Their in-store stock varies, but they always have something to look at and can order everything. They are in the process of getting into suppressors. I think they still pawn firearms, but it is definitely not as big a presence as before. They've got good (for brick and mortar, non-bigbox store) ammo prices and a moderate selection of powder and primers.

Mostly, we shop there because they treat us well. We get the "special" treatment that the OP was lacking (admittedly, we've probably earned it, as we've bought quite a few guns from them :o). We stop in just to chat and fondle the merchandise and are welcomed like friends.

I really wish Devin would become an IP (that's the one thing I don't get...:shrug:...he's young, he should be hip to all this electronical media stuff), so I could brag about them more openly...but, in this case you brought it up soo...:innocent0

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    You really should, because, this:

I never got the warm fuzzies from any of the previous iterations of that location (Bel Air Gun and Pawn, Fallston Gun and Pawn...I don't know if they were ever called, "Fast Eddy's" or if that's just what my dad called them because of the pit beef stand next door). I don't remember doing any business with them, but they were at all the gun shows and...:shrug: we just didn't click.

A few years ago, we heard that it was new ownership and a new name, "Top Gun and Jewelry." I think my wife actually found it. We stopped in on a whim, because they are less than five minutes away from our house. Bobby and Dawn were the owners. I think Bobby had some familial connection to one of the previous businesses (or maybe even was an owner?), but, starting with a clean slate, they were super friendly. We bought a few guns from them and quickly became "regulars," getting the red carpet treatment (and often a few bucks off the sticker price).

Devin was a young enthusiastic employee. His family was not into guns at all, but somehow he convinced them to buy the business :shocked3: They dropped the pawn and Jewelry part and are now just "Top Gun Firearms." Their in-store stock varies, but they always have something to look at and can order everything. They are in the process of getting into suppressors. I think they still pawn firearms, but it is definitely not as big a presence as before. They've got good (for brick and mortar, non-bigbox store) ammo prices and a moderate selection of powder and primers.

Mostly, we shop there because they treat us well. We get the "special" treatment that the OP was lacking (admittedly, we've probably earned it, as we've bought quite a few guns from them :o). We stop in just to chat and fondle the merchandise and are welcomed like friends.

I really wish Devin would become an IP (that's the one thing I don't get...:shrug:...he's young, he should be hip to all this electronical media stuff), so I could brag about them more openly...but, in this case you brought it up soo...:innocent0

I stopped in there today to look around a bit. The guy working behind the counter was very helpful and very friendly. If anybody goes in there today or tomorrow please wipe my drool off of the counter where that Nickle Python is!

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Being a multiple GymRatz firearms purchaser I’m shocked that the interaction between you and John was anything less than stellar. Can he be short and to the point with his emails,yes but you have to remember he is dealing with multiple people over the course of his day. Which I might add stretches way into the night. Don’t believe me just look at his post times. Wonder when he sleeps sometimes. It can be overwhelming having to run a business especially in the firearms industry trying to follow all the rules,one mistake and its all over. Just starting to really get into the firearms buying aspect and I can say that John went out of his way to not only give me a great price but walked me thru the whole process of purchasing a “few” suppressors that I’ve gotten. Not trying to be a shill for GymRatz but in my opinion he’s one of the most honest people that I’ve met. Sometimes short and to the point can come off the wrong way. Hopefully you’ll be able to resolve your differences and peace will reign throughout the land.... Good luck on your next purchase and enjoy!

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Being a multiple GymRatz firearms purchaser I’m shocked that the interaction between you and John was anything less than stellar. Can he be short and to the point with his emails,yes but you have to remember he is dealing with multiple people over the course of his day. Which I might add stretches way into the night. Don’t believe me just look at his post times. Wonder when he sleeps sometimes. It can be overwhelming having to run a business especially in the firearms industry trying to follow all the rules,one mistake and its all over. Just starting to really get into the firearms buying aspect and I can say that John went out of his way to not only give me a great price but walked me thru the whole process of purchasing a “few” suppressors that I’ve gotten. Not trying to be a shill for GymRatz but in my opinion he’s one of the most honest people that I’ve met. Sometimes short and to the point can come off the wrong way. Hopefully you’ll be able to resolve your differences and peace will reign throughout the land.... Good luck on your next purchase and enjoy!

Believe me, I wish things didn’t go south! They’re super close, and I’m always trying to support local business. Like I said though, I tried to let the first bad experience go, but the very short/borderline rude email responses probably sealed the deal. Guess I just won’t be doing business there. It’s quite ok. Live and learn, win some, lose some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom