• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I have a dealer willing to sell me a pistol with 13 round mags. He said he can ship the mags to a VA address. Is this something I should consider? I know i can buy hi cap mags in VA. I just bought some 30 round mags at the last gunshow.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I have a dealer willing to sell me a pistol with 13 round mags. He said he can ship the mags to a VA address. Is this something I should consider? I know i can buy hi cap mags in VA. I just bought some 30 round mags at the last gunshow.

In VA buy away:), in MD no way:sad20:

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    In VA buy away:), in MD no way:sad20:

Since you are from NC, let me be clear that I live in MD
    So you are saying that even though the seller is willing to ship the hi cap mags to a VA address separately from the handgun, I should not do this? Thanks...

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

3 questions, do you have an address in VA to ship to, how far are you from VA and are the mags readily available of purchase?

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016

So you are saying that even though the seller is willing to ship the hi cap mags to a VA address separately from the handgun, I should not do this? Thanks...

Ship em to a ups store, people do this all the time. Legal or not MDSP are not going to investigate you over how you acquired a couple 13 round mags. Ship them where you want and don’t think twice about it.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    3 questions, do you have an address in VA to ship to, how far are you from VA and are the mags readily available of purchase?

I live in MD and work in VA. I have several friends I can use where the mags can be shipped. The mags may be difficult to find as the handgun I am buying has been out of production for some years now.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I live in MD and work in VA. I have several friends I can use where the mags can be shipped. The mags may be difficult to find as the handgun I am buying has been out of production for some years now.

Should ask him what the additional charge is to ship the mags to your friends in Va. AND the cost to ship the handgun to a FFL in Marylinistan.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Is your intended purchase a C&R? Just wondered since you stated it’s been out of production for a while. On the MSP “approved” list right? That’s another thing that sucks in Gulag Marylinistan!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Is your intended purchase a C&R? Just wondered since you stated it’s been out of production for a while. On the MSP “approved” list right? That’s another thing that sucks in Gulag Marylinistan!

The approved list is only for handguns after a certain date. (1985)
    Most if not all C&R is prior to the MD handgun roster date

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx
    Article 5 section 406 a)(2)
    (2) A person may not sell or offer for sale in the State a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not included on the handgun roster.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Way over thinking this. Is the dealer not in Maryland? He'll ship the pistol to your MD FFL and the mags to VA. Done. No issue. But, the wording is leading me to think the dealer is in MD.
    The only issue has been if the dealer is in MD. This has been a problem for some MD stores. They feel it's not worth the possibility of a violation of FSA2013. Its their call, if they're down. Cool.

Last edited:

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    MSP recently ruled that dealers may not offer to ship hi cap mags out of state with the purchase of a handgun, said dealer would technically be selling a pistol with hi caps in the state of MD. Just saying be careful.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood

No, it's not that old. It is a Beretta 92 Inox compact.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    This is what I found in the handgun roster. I assume the beretta 92 inox compact is good to go.

Model: 92
    Model Number: A1, Billennium, Brigadier, BS, C, CB, Centennial, Centurion, Combat, Compact L, Compact Type M, Competition Conversion, D, DS, Elite I, Elite IA, Elite II, F, FS, G, Inox, Steel I, Stock, Target

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Way over thinking this. Is the dealer not in Maryland? He'll ship the pistol to your MD FFL and the mags to VA. Done. No issue. But, the wording is leading me to think the dealer is in MD.
    The only issue has been if the dealer is in MD. This has been a problem for some MD stores. They feel it's not worth the possibility of a violation of FSA2013. Its their call, if they're down. Cool.

The dealer is in Utah. I am in MD.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    MSP recently ruled that dealers may not offer to ship hi cap mags out of state with the purchase of a handgun, said dealer would technically be selling a pistol with hi caps in the state of MD. Just saying be careful.

I believe that to be a correct interpretation since Md law says that one cannot sell or offer to sell hi -cap mags. For a Md FFL to send them to another state is both offering to sell them AND selling them then shipping elsewhere.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC

Sorry, should have been more clear. The intent was the comment was referring to mags over 10rds. It is perfectly legal to purchase mags over 10 rds in VA. It is also at the moment legal to possess but not acquire by any means mags over 10 rds WITHIN the state of MD. I can’t/won’t say what you should or should not do. That is your decision. I knew you lived in MD. BTW I lived in MD over 31 years. I escaped in 2014 but still fully support what MDS stands for.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Since a Utah seller is offering to ship mags to Virginia , I'm not seeing a nexus of selling or offering to sell in Maryland .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom