• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    I am looking for a new rest on my Mathews S2. It seems everyone I talk to (including archery shops) have a different opinion. Whisker biscuit always comes up in both positive and negative conversations. Any advice?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I put one on my bow...

...and removed it immediately.

The arrows wouldn't track the same way going through the biscuit.

Went back to a spring loaded finger rest and it be mobetta.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I fletched some arrows for a close friend and a few weeks later he was telling me the vanes were all coming off. I found it odd as I used the same glue I always do and neither me or my wife have ever had that problem. He brought his setup over and we determined the 3deg helical fletching that I have always used on blazer vanes just would not work out of a biscuit even the biscuit itself was getting tore up. He has since taken my advice and gotten a qad ultra rest and hasnt had any more problems.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    When all is said and done, they add drag and are not particularly good at longer distances. Drop-aways are better in that, they don't maintain contact with the shaft at the start of the shot(the most crucial aspect of an arrow's flight).

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I love the whisker biscuit for hunting. I never had an issue with fletching coming off or any problems with range for my hunting distances which were usually around 25 to 30 yards.

A Matthews competition shooter I know uses one for hunting but for competitions he prefers the fall away rest.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I use one and have never had any problems with it. I find it holds the arrow just fine with no ill effects.

Charybdis69

May 20, 2008
    Takoma Park, MD
    It really depends on how you shoot. As long as you shoot well with it, there's no problem. But to answer your question, IMO - On of the pros are: affordability. It's one of the more affordable arrow rest options. One of the cons are: they wear out, and will have to be replaced. Also, they 'may' affect your arrow flight.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Well, I'm not into archery so I googled whisker biscuit. I'm guessing it's not what's described in the urban dictionary.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I had one on my bear bow and when I took it hunting all I could hear was the arrow shaft scratching on the whisker biscuit fibers....in the dead calm woods you may as well scratch your fingernails on a chalkboard...needless to say I went to drop away rests and havent had any problems since.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Use one on on my fishing bow. My sling bow came with one. Absolutely no accuracy issues out to 30' or so. Use a drop away rest for everything else, just habit I guess. Biscuits are probably accurate enough for any of my hunting pursuits.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    My bow would only paper tune with a whisker biscuit. Haven't been able to try anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My bow would only paper tune with a whisker biscuit. Haven't been able to try anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

FWIW, I think of paper tuning the same way I think of lead sled zeroing. 'You're almost there'.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom