• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Chris - if you want to practice handgun, I'll be at my 'home away from home' on friday. ;)

My father even wants to go so he can work on handgun skills too.

SCAR - Thank you, I take that as a compliment - and yes, at this point Al's probably got more range time than most S.F. guys, and if E.Shell ever goes active in a SHTF scenario, I don't want to be within 3000 yards of him - just to be safe. :innocent0 Man would be dropping fools at 300 with a .22 for fun.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Chris - if you want to practice handgun, I'll be at my 'home away from home' on friday. ;)

My father even wants to go so he can work on handgun skills too.

SCAR - Thank you, I take that as a compliment - and yes, at this point Al's probably got more range time than most S.F. guys, and if E.Shell ever goes active in a SHTF scenario, I don't want to be within 3000 yards of him - just to be safe. :innocent0 Man would be dropping fools at 300 with a .22 for fun.

Appreciate the offer! Unfortunately I just took off last Friday so I wouldn't be able to get there until 4:00. Also planning on meeting up with Nemesis sometime soon to try out his new Beretta 92A1, so we need to synch up :D

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    The last thing I want if it goes WROL is having a rifle with common ammo, same as the military/police are using. They'll be more than happy to take your ammo when they're running out, and they have the numbers to back it up.

Then you are a fool! If the Mil/Leo's are taken ammo/weapons, they take everything. Been there done that.

If you use common ammo in your area you can resupply. First line of supply is the dead. Second is the wounded.

If all you have is a AK in 7.62x39mm an you burnt your 10,000 rounds fighting or bugging out. UPS won't be dropping anymore. Anyplace in the world I can find .22 lr and 38 spl.

My 2¢:D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Appreciate the offer! Unfortunately I just took off last Friday so I wouldn't be able to get there until 4:00. Also planning on meeting up with Nemesis sometime soon to try out his new Beretta 92A1, so we need to synch up :D

No prob.

We'll arrange something. :thumbsup:

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Then you are a fool! If the Mil/Leo's are taken ammo/weapons, they take everything. Been there done that.

If you use common ammo in your area you can resupply. First line of supply is the dead. Second is the wounded.

If all you have is a AK in 7.62x39mm an you burnt your 10,000 rounds fighting or bugging out. UPS won't be dropping anymore. Anyplace in the world I can find .22 lr and 38 spl.

My 2¢:D

I'd be willing to bet the most numerous centerfire rifle rounds in the US go something like this, and in order. Note that I said centerfire, so there is no .22 lr on this list.

5.56/.223 - Mil/LEO/prepper/hoarder/foreign mil/Civ use
    7.62x51/.308 NATO - Mil/LEO/Civ use
    7.62x39 - civilian/prepper/hoarder/some foreign mil
    .30-06 - Fudd's/Garand guys
    7.62x54r - The cheap Mosin Militia :lol:
    5.45 - Not sure on this one, I know the AK74 has a good following, but I don't know how big it is compared to the AKM/SKS crowd. Used by some foreign mil.
    .50 BMG -Mil/LEO(?)/Civ

Judging by the support that AK variants have gotten on this thread, I don't think finding 7.62x39 would be impossible, but it wouldn't be as easy as 5.55/.223.

Hell this could almost be a seperate thread...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    KMK1862 said:
    I'd be willing to bet the most numerous centerfire rifle rounds in the US go something like this, and in order. Note that I said centerfire, so there is no .22 lr on this list.

:envy:

BAR's eat 30-06 all day long...

It was good enough for Clyde Barrow!

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

5.56/.223 - Mil/LEO/prepper/hoarder/foreign mil/Civ use
    7.62x51/.308 NATO - Mil/LEO/Civ use
    7.62x39 - civilian/prepper/hoarder/some foreign mil
    7.62x54r - The cheap Mosin Militia :lol:
    5.45 - Not sure on this one, I know the AK74 has a good following, but I don't know how big it is compared to the AKM/SKS crowd. Used by some foreign mil.
    .50 BMG -Mil/LEO(?)/Civ

Judging by the support that AK variants have gotten on this thread, I don't think finding 7.62x39 would be impossible, but it wouldn't be as easy as 5.55/.223.

I bet it is something more like:

30'06
    30-30
    7.62x39
    25'06

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I don't know why anybody cares about finding ammunition. Its easy to buy a cheap reloader and have enough supplies to do 10k rounds in whatever you want. You could have 45-110 be your SHTF rifle if you can reload.

-Jim

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I bet it is something more like:

30'06
    30-30
    7.62x39
    25'06
    This might be true for overall caliber guns, but I'm not sure it holds for the number of available rounds.

People who have 30-30, 270,243,25'06 are not going to have 2K rounds. However, it's not unusual to see people hoard 5.56, 7.62x38,54r,51, or even 5.45x39. I'd bet there is more 5.45 in the US than 25'06 just based on most people who have it have 2k + rounds.

-Jim

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    We will bug in. What rifle will depend on what window/firing position and who is manning it. Mostly AK's or SKS's in 7.62 and Mauser's in 7.9 or....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom