• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    We parked behind the building, towards the OTB, zero issues. Not far away either.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Parking was a little nuts because of the other shows. Show was disappointing if you compare it to the classic shows of the early 90's. In today's climate it wasn't terrible if you wanted a day out to look at guns and visit old friends. Picked up a knife for my son, some targets and a SOPMOD stock. Was really tempted to pick up a sweet police trade in 870 for South Carol. Didn't need a new 12 gauge, but is was really tempting for the price. Don't see many folks paying close to a grand for a Delton AR, but to each his own.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I bought an M1 Garand from South Carroll, and a Swiss Bayonet with scabbard. Happy with the price and condition of both.

Art bought a P14, also from South Carroll.

Good show for us!

Chatted with the awesome folks manning the MSI booth.

I saw that P14. Congrats. South Carroll got my business today as well. Got a beautiful (gently) used and Weaver scoped CZ455 .22. Can't wait to get it to the range.
    Also spoke to vendors and other folks I haven't seen in a while.
    It may not have been a show like 20 years ago, but there was plenty to shop, and I'm only 10 minutes away.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Show was pretty much a bust but I did renew my MSI membership (which was the main reason I was there anyway). Ran into AmmoJon. Met BeoBill, Bigfoot44, and RoadDawg in person for the first time. Nice to put faces to names gentlemen.

jeganrocks

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County, MD
    Went to both the reptile show and the gun show. The reptile show was crowded....

Picked up a shotgun at South Carroll. Best prices out of all the vendors and it was nice to see that he had a line of people making firearm purchases.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Anyone who has gone to the Timonium show this morning....

Are there any vendors dealing with red dots / reflex sights?

I've been in a mood to try one but it's the kind of thing I'd rather look at in person before buying rather than online.

(I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to bump my existing plans for this afternoon to go over there)
    There was at least one vendor with a whole bunch of sights. Honestly, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention, but I'm sure I saw some Holosun and Vortex.

I just drove past the fairgrounds. Was going to drop my kids off and head back to the show.

But nope.

Did not have the patience or energy for dealing with the parking lot when 3 events are going on there at once. They were parking cars out around the horse track. All of York Rd was a traffic nightmare today. Guess it's a warm day and everyone wants to get out of the house.

The dinosaur traffic (or traffic from any other event going on) can usually be avoided by coming in from the Timonium Rd entrance and parking by the track.
    Timonium GS.jpg

EZPZ

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I didn't indulge myself , but saw a decent price on a 1926 Fox Sterlingworth .

Did get my traditional bag of classic leather goodness ( better pickings than recent Chantilly's ) . Got some loaded 155gr SWC .45acp to try out .

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Parking was a little nuts because of the other shows. Show was disappointing Picked up a knife for my son, some targets and a SOPMOD stock. Was really tempted to pick up a sweet police trade in 870 for South Carol.
    Went for a bit today. Parking was a mess with all the reptile people. I could have used Art3’s map, I entered off York Road and had to crawl all the way around the racetrack, dodging inflatable T-Rexs. Luckily I saw a guy loading a box with a hazmat decal into his car and he pointed me in the right direction.

Didn’t see the surplus 870s; where was South Carrol’s setup?

Dominion Defense’s table was as disappointing as I should have envisioned it; most of the stuff I drool over on their table at in Chantilly isn’t MD legal. Not their fault.

I did take the time to pick through every $1/$5 box I saw. First one had a pre-GWOT DIY “gangster” grip, the kind that fits an AR15 pistol grip under the FSB. This one was a Lone Star Ordnance A2 grip on it. :party29:

In the back left corner is a series of tables and rolling displays that looked vaguely familiar; it’s Top Hat’s stuff! Spoke with Neal/Neil, who is selling Top Hat’s former inventory. Cleaning stuff, dummy rounds, targets, etc. Found a HK stock extender that may be what I need to make my 29+” MP5A2 SBR.
    attachment.php

Check r for the little things that don’t typically come with free shipping.

Overall not bad. When I walked through the door I kinda thought I would be done in like 15 minutes. But worth the trip if you’re close.

Attachments

• 21B00DD3-178E-4431-AF96-DB124E6ADDA9.jpeg
      21B00DD3-178E-4431-AF96-DB124E6ADDA9.jpeg
      12.9 KB · Views: 648

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Show was pretty much a bust but I did renew my MSI membership (which was the main reason I was there anyway). Ran into AmmoJon. Met BeoBill, Bigfoot44, and RoadDawg in person for the first time. Nice to put faces to names gentlemen.

It was so nice to finally meet you.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I was eyeing a 28” shotgun at SCSG, I might go for it tomorrow. Did pick up a set of 40SW tire valve covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom