• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    online tix now, crap! i usually re-up with nra or vcdl, goes to a good cause and i skip the line.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    After purchasing @ ticket window, it's 10 steps to the ticket taker . Usually not a source of lining up , but I suppose if the person in front of you is having firearms inspected , it could be a few seconds delay .

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    Bought my ticket online. No waiting in line. Lots to look at. Didn’t see much panic buying going on. Prices seemed pretty normal for a gun show.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I went this morning. I've been going to the Nations Gun Show for years, this will probably be my last one. Everything was inflated and this is the third time in a row I came out empty-handed. I couldn't justify the cost fro anything. I think I'll hit up the smaller shows and local shops, I've had much better luck at those, especially when it comes to mil-surp.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I try to look at the positive for these shows. Got out of the house and did a bunch of walking and looking at stuff with my 20 year old son.

Forgot to buy ticket online and waited about 15 minutes getting there at 10:15 and in at 10:30
    They need a different door for online purchasers cause people in line thought they were cutting and they had to explain.

The guy in the small hall on the left I thought had the best prices on reloading stuff but I did not actually look at powder. Primers were $30/$31 where some other guys were $32-$34. He actually had some good prices on 9mm bullets including some less costly epoxy type coated ones, but I did not need any I picked up some glock Magpuls for $15 but not sure if that was the best price there or not. Saw some others at $20 so I snagged these up when I saw them.

For you Poly 80 guys, the kits were going for $120 and I saw fully assembled slides with barrels for $300. Not sure about the LPK. I needed a slide for my V1 Poly 80 but did not get one as I'm going with my Son to the Big Oaks show next month and need something then. Will just have to get by borrowing from my G17

LOTS of C&R and prices as usual was pretty up there but seriously, if you want something, try to haggle it down. There were some guys with C&R Toks. One guy had Romanian, Bulgarian and Polish which I thought were at online surplus prices. I did not unfortunately ask if they would take a MD C&R though. Lots of ammo. I did not notice prices much but did see some factory 9mm 50 round boxes @ $10.

Son got a 500 box of CCI SV for $25 from the reloading guy in the smaller hall, which I think is a very good price

If you don't get there early, pass up the turn into the parking lot and go to the next intersection, turn left and your behind the hall. Keep going and park in one of the office park buildings. If you turn into the main parking lot your waiting for people to cross and those that could not find parking lane hopping.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I went to the NRA table out front and extended my membership. That got me a hat and a a ticket to the show. I walked right in past the long lines waiting to enter. Not having to wait out in the cold was well worth it to me.

Show was very crowded Sat. afternoon. Difficult to walk the isles at times. Lots of people filling out paperwork so vendors were moving merchandise, especially the ones selling AR's. Not a lot of reloading supplies though. Maybe 4 or 5 vendors. One told me the rules for having powder on hand were strict and they could only have one pound of each type in the stall with them. The rest had to be stored outside in a trailer. Defiantly the largest show I've ever been to. Maybe 3 or 4 times bigger than Gettysburg. Picked up a few items I was looking for and also extended my MSI membership.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    MP5 magazines:

Attachments

• E46546EA-F8CB-426B-BE6A-9391254CCA86.jpeg
      E46546EA-F8CB-426B-BE6A-9391254CCA86.jpeg
      31 KB · Views: 368

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    MP5 magazines:

I ended up only getting deals on mags this show. I spent $340 total on all of these, including the three straight MP5 mags.

I got offered a .50 can full of LC69 M2 Ball at $4 per loaded 8rd clip, but I passed on that and the vendor's buddy bought it instead.

dVYRYnCl.jpg

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Trader Jerry’s went green

Bravo to Trader Jerry’s for embracing green business practices and sustainability with their reusable shopping bags. I hope this inspires some other vendors to do the same, perplexes some on the left, and triggers somebody... :lol2:

Attachments

• C20E6F71-1D09-40A4-A2E3-A00736F17064.jpeg
      C20E6F71-1D09-40A4-A2E3-A00736F17064.jpeg
      31.3 KB · Views: 298

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    If cities & cost of living have the Big Mac Index, then gun shows have the Wolf / XM193 / PMag index.

500 rounds of Wolf .223 polymer case was $109. And yes, lots of us remember $79/1000 out the door two decades ago...

Attachments

• C161D0AE-B966-428D-864E-5446300E6871.jpeg
      C161D0AE-B966-428D-864E-5446300E6871.jpeg
      28.2 KB · Views: 289
    • 6761922B-D3F7-499C-9D8A-2436E5D7D51F.jpeg
      6761922B-D3F7-499C-9D8A-2436E5D7D51F.jpeg
      24.6 KB · Views: 281

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    I think I walked out with a few good buys.

PMC .223 55g brass cased - $249 per 1k
    Fiocchi 38 special - $15 per box
    Ruger BX 25 .22 mags - $20 per
    Sabre Defence M16A3 build kit - $700 (I might do a full post on this thing later, what a solid kit)

Waiting until the end of the show limits selection, but there are deals to be had!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Bravo to Trader Jerry’s for embracing green business practices and sustainability with their reusable shopping bags. I hope this inspires some other vendors to do the same, perplexes some on the left, and triggers somebody... :lol2:

That's an awesome thing to do...environmentally sound...a deductible business expense...gets the company name out there in the public...will drive the antis crazy..."trigger" them like few other things can.

More gun sellers should invest in these. It gets the point across and is good advertising. Can you see these being used in grocery stores? How many antis would call the police as they feel their safe space is being invaded? They would look like such idiots (which they are). Carrying one of these into a school wouldn't be too smart...that would be bad publicity probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom