• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Reviving this since it recently passed in the House https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ground-checks-for-gun-sales-again/ar-BB1eu9GX

I also just received this sky-is-falling email from GOA (maybe the sky is falling?):
    Snallygaster,
    We have an emergency on our hands.
    While preparing to fight back against the ATF’s unconstitutional regulation of pistol braces, we learned some disturbing news…
    Senator John Cornyn -- a Republican who should be pro-2A -- is quietly making a deal with the rabid anti-gunner, Chris Murphy, to pass universal background checks.
    We need EVERY gun owner in America to take action right now to prevent what would be Armageddon for the Second Amendment. If John Cornyn, who represents the state of TEXAS, is already considering stabbing gun owners in the back, then you know that we’re truly in a DIRE situation.
    But we cannot give up. Our God-given rights hang in the balance.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Reviving this since it recently passed in the House https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ground-checks-for-gun-sales-again/ar-BB1eu9GX

I also just received this sky-is-falling email from GOA (maybe the sky is falling?):

To a degree it is. I am fine pushing back on this. But I think the honest truth is universal background checks are coming eventually. Not a good enough argument against them. Or at least not one that resonates with the vast majority of Americans. Of all the gun control legislation, I think universal background checks is the one it is going to be hardest to stave off.

I’d love to be proven wrong and it never happens. And like I said, I am not being fatalistic and telling people to give up. Just trying to have some sense of realism about it.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    To a degree it is. I am fine pushing back on this. But I think the honest truth is universal background checks are coming eventually. Not a good enough argument against them. Or at least not one that resonates with the vast majority of Americans. Of all the gun control legislation, I think universal background checks is the one it is going to be hardest to stave off.

I’d love to be proven wrong and it never happens. And like I said, I am not being fatalistic and telling people to give up. Just trying to have some sense of realism about it.

“A right delayed is a right denied.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom