• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    While on vacation on the ES I headed to Delaware ISO C&R's. Steeles had many but none that I was interested in @ that price point or in general. It's still one of my favorites.

I then went across the road and up the lane to Hopkins. Very nice shop, nice folks, 3 different Hellcats in stock, and a PPK stainless 380, but alas no C&R's. Still, I'll be back.

So on my way back I went to a shop in Easton, ISO fishing tackle, and on consignment was the attached P-38 rig. All matching from what I could see, good bore, finish, grips, etc.

The holster is in VG shape on the flip side right is a faint wafenmat along with another stamp that looks like a leaf cluster in a rectangle long side down.

A few years ago I picked up a Spreewerk with a CAI stamp for 600 or so that was late war and rough finish. With that as a cost basis the new rig was within the realm of reasonable priced; so I bought and out the door I went!

Crappy photo attached; comments appreciated one way or the other regarding the rig.

Thanks

Attachments

• P-38.jpg
      P-38.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 168
    Jul 1, 2012
    If the holster has a "9" in the middle of that oak leaf stamp, and WaA938 it's made by Cristof Neuner. Should be dated 1943 or 1944. Not super rare but not common either. I don't think they have the P.38 stamp on the back like other makers.

The pistol is a byf 43? It looks like it has the early straight frame and the slide with the later-style extractor cut**. If so that's an interesting one that a collector buddy of mine would drool over. Hard to tell from photo but it looks like original finish. The barrel locking block and locking pin (and all the springs) should be natural color, not blued. The block should have the 3 digit S/N and cursive "f" stamped on the bottom.

The byf43 F block was produced in June 1943.

If you paid less than $1000 for it, it was a good deal - the holster is probably $250-ish if it's not damaged and stitching is all good, the spare mag (if that is one) about $100; depending on markings maybe more.

** closer look and it seems like it has the early extractor cut which is what you would expect for a 3-digit F block. The change-over happened during the 2000f to 5000f range.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      32.4 KB · Views: 129

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads