can having a C&R FFL be a good reason to apply for a MD CC License?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coltguy

Dec 6, 2017
    Just thinking out loud here. If you got yours because of your C&R FFL please chip in. thanks,

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    FWIW, I doubt it would stand on its own, but it likely would play along with other factors. Being a FFL, you could be known to be a collector of firearms and thus, a target for those looking to steal them. As you likely keep them locked up, you personally become a target since someone would need to get the combo/key off of you. Combine that with making business deposits, driving for uber or lyft, etc. etc. and you likely have a stronger case.

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    Just thinking out loud here. If you got yours because of your C&R FFL please chip in. thanks,

You aren't likely to get much traction with that... Absent a documented threat (assuming you aren't a doctor/lawyer), you'll generally need to demonstrate ownership of a legitimate business, including evidence of regular in person deposits (ATM/bank) of cash/checks.

I mentioned that I had mine during my interview, and he waved that off as being irrelevant...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That will work just fine in Pennsylvania.
    Or Virginia. Or West by God Virginia.

Or Ohio. Michigan. Wisconsin.

You'd be good to go in Iowa or Tennessee. Kansas too.

Tell them about your C&R in New Hampshire or Oregon, even Colorado, and they'll set you up with your carry permit.

Nebraska, Arizona,... even Connecticut

But not in " poor shitten Mary Land..:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That will work just fine in Pennsylvania.
    Or Virginia. Or West by God Virginia.

Or Ohio. Michigan. Wisconsin.

You'd be good to go in Iowa or Tennessee. Kansas too.

Tell them about your C&R in New Hampshire or Oregon, even Colorado, and they'll set you up with your carry permit.

Nebraska, Arizona,... even Connecticut

But not in " poor shitten Mary Land..:

Oooh... another double post.
    Isn't there a thread about all these double posts?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well there have been HPRB decisions involving Collecting Activities, most recently for a coin collector.

But involved transporting multi thousands worth of rare coins , large amounts of cash for purchases, well known in community for collecting , and constantly seeking purchases .

In other words lots of activities involving cash and high value items with resale value . Not impossible to rise to those levels involving vintage firearms , but will require a lot more than just a piece of paper .

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    You aren't likely to get much traction with that... Absent a documented threat (assuming you aren't a doctor/lawyer), you'll generally need to demonstrate ownership of a legitimate business, including evidence of regular in person deposits (ATM/bank) of cash/checks.

I mentioned that I had mine during my interview, and he waved that off as being irrelevant...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If being a doctor or lawyer meant anything, a lot more people would have a wear and carry permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom