• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You can have it shipped to your FFL IIRC. Contact them. Never ordered directly from them and I do have a C&R. They might tell you your FFL needs to order from them. Some of them are weird like that.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    If you have a C&R and you're buying C&R from Century, they ship straight to you.

If you do not have a C&R or other FFL, it obviously goes to a FFL.

If you have a C&R and are buying a Non-C&R firearm, they will require (obvs) shipping to a properly licensed FFL. That said, you can call them up as a C&R, order a non-C&R gun at the dealer price, and have it shipped to your preferred FFL. If you do not have a C&R and you call them up, you get the retail price which is a little higher.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So in an ideal world, all of them. But I am mulling over those prices on the K11s. In a world where my wife ain't too happy about me owning a bunch of guns and money is limited...

Should I get a K11 carbine (from Century or somewhere else), or should I get a K31? Especially when factoring in Century seems to have legitimately good prices right now, vs tracking down a K31 probably means spending at least $150-200 more these days?

I've watched plenty of videos and read a lot about all of them. Just curious what the MDS members think who have owned both (especially if you've owned a K11 carbine). I prefer short rifles. 1903, SMLE, K98, etc. Not really the surplus long rifles. Money, time and space no object I'd just own all the things. Other than American rifles, more likely than not I'll never be one of the people who focuses a collection on a specific thing. Not worried about that. But the Swiss rifles intrigue me both Swiss quality, but the GP11 seems/sounds fantastic. It can share most components for reloading with my .308 and .30-06 rifles. I feel like I should really own a straight pull rifle at some point, just to have all actions represented.

Now and cheaper I like. But if the K31 is really nicer, I might as well track one of those down (some day, I don't have the spare funds to do that now).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So in an ideal world, all of them. But I am mulling over those prices on the K11s. In a world where my wife ain't too happy about me owning a bunch of guns and money is limited...

Should I get a K11 carbine (from Century or somewhere else), or should I get a K31? Especially when factoring in Century seems to have legitimately good prices right now, vs tracking down a K31 probably means spending at least $150-200 more these days?

I've watched plenty of videos and read a lot about all of them. Just curious what the MDS members think who have owned both (especially if you've owned a K11 carbine). I prefer short rifles. 1903, SMLE, K98, etc. Not really the surplus long rifles. Money, time and space no object I'd just own all the things. Other than American rifles, more likely than not I'll never be one of the people who focuses a collection on a specific thing. Not worried about that. But the Swiss rifles intrigue me both Swiss quality, but the GP11 seems/sounds fantastic. It can share most components for reloading with my .308 and .30-06 rifles. I feel like I should really own a straight pull rifle at some point, just to have all actions represented.

Now and cheaper I like. But if the K31 is really nicer, I might as well track one of those down (some day, I don't have the spare funds to do that now).

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV

Try simpsons Ltd, they have a bunch in stock for a good price as well. I own only a K31 right now (I’m going to get all the Swiss rifles) but it is my favorite rifle in my collection and I shoot it all the time. It is an absolute tac driver. I personally wouldn’t hesitate to buy more of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    My two most recent C&R acquisitions from Martinsburg, West by God: A CZ50 born the same year I was and a Zastava M57 which you might note is missing a little something. :D

Attachments

• cz50e.jpg
      cz50e.jpg
      115.5 KB · Views: 569
    • cz50f.jpg
      cz50f.jpg
      99.5 KB · Views: 561
    • m57a.jpg
      m57a.jpg
      104.9 KB · Views: 562
    • m57b.jpg
      m57b.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 597

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    So I thought I’d update my saga with ordering from Century. After 6 weeks of emails and phone calls all of a sudden today I got a UPS notification that I have a delivery coming from Century Arms tomorrow. Let’s hope there is a really nice Swiss 1911 in that box....stay tuned.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    So I thought I’d update my saga with ordering from Century. After 6 weeks of emails and phone calls all of a sudden today I got a UPS notification that I have a delivery coming from Century Arms tomorrow. Let’s hope there is a really nice Swiss 1911 in that box....stay tuned.

From the other thread:

Hah! After looking back at my email back and forth with my former rep, it took them a MONTH to ship my order the last time back in 2014.

Soooo yeah.... do with that info what you may.

So, looks like things have only changed for the worse in terms of wait time.

That said, my Arcus 98DA was in fantastic shape. Looked new but for evidence of minor use in the barrel. Here's hoping your 1911 is just as sharp when it comes!

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Wow! That took F-O-R-E-V-E-R

But like they say, good things come to those who wait. This Swiss 1911 from Century has knocked my socks off. As advertised (very good) condition, all numbers matching, bore is like a mirror with strong rifling. Sadly no troop tag but ya can’t get everything. Overall, if I had to do it all over again, I would. Definitely worth the wait. Now to just find a bayonet for this thing...

Attachments

• CCC8FB5A-9B4E-472A-BAC0-06A258172D41.jpg
      CCC8FB5A-9B4E-472A-BAC0-06A258172D41.jpg
      134.4 KB · Views: 1,036
    • 8CF6AA2F-BE6A-4A8B-BBDC-99ADAA5C9E2D.jpg
      8CF6AA2F-BE6A-4A8B-BBDC-99ADAA5C9E2D.jpg
      77.6 KB · Views: 1,034
    • 496362EC-4DFB-4D41-BD3B-947E9FA5CF75.jpg
      496362EC-4DFB-4D41-BD3B-947E9FA5CF75.jpg
      64.5 KB · Views: 1,049
    • C653E1D3-087A-4483-A8FF-DD78639AE359.jpg
      C653E1D3-087A-4483-A8FF-DD78639AE359.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 1,014

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Wow! That took F-O-R-E-V-E-R

But like they say, good things come to those who wait. This Swiss 1911 from Century has knocked my socks off. As advertised (very good) condition, all numbers matching, bore is like a mirror with strong rifling. Sadly no troop tag but ya can’t get everything. Overall, if I had to do it all over again, I would. Definitely worth the wait. Now to just find a bayonet for this thing...

That’s awesome, try liberty tree for the bayonet. I’m not sure if they have the 1911 one but I’m fairly certain they have ones for the k31 so it might not hurt to look if they have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Love the 1911 and 96/11. The actions are soooo butter smooth. It sucks that it's so hard to put a quality sight on them w.o. going drill and tap 'cause they beg for it. You can do the Swiss Products no drill mount but I've resisted on esthetics alone, just looks so goofy. But it does work.
    If you don't own a Swiss rifle grab one now because the supply of those coming out of private collections in Switzerland is sure to dry up soon, the supply isn't infinite. And they're worth every dollar spent, a high quality military arm.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Love the 1911 and 96/11. The actions are soooo butter smooth. It sucks that it's so hard to put a quality sight on them w.o. going drill and tap 'cause they beg for it. You can do the Swiss Products no drill mount but I've resisted on esthetics alone, just looks so goofy. But it does work.
    If you don't own a Swiss rifle grab one now because the supply of those coming out of private collections in Switzerland is sure to dry up soon, the supply isn't infinite. And they're worth every dollar spent, a high quality military arm.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Century has a bunch of newly listed C&R stuff on their website. More Ishapore DPs, an assortment of Swiss rifles, some Colt Pocket and Police Positives, and FN High Power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom