• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    If you are willing to travel- Liberty Rd/Randallstown Walmart has it in stock (<10min from AGC in Marriottsville)
    I could sell you a box of Hornady Black as well. I'm not willing to give out my reloads in case I screwed something up with a load.

woh, walmart sells 6.5CM? no way.... what kind is it? i think i'm going to try to zero using ELD-M or X...

Kevmo....how close are you to Pikesville? If you can't locate ammo....I could drive and and sell you 2 boxes of the 140gr ELD's and swing by SG to pick up something on the way home(if he is willing/available)?

I'm in Severn, not super close, but not super far either, I would love those 2 boxes if you can swing it... i'll pm you my number? try to work something out.

Sounds like you have quite a few options already. I’ve got 3-4 boxes of Hornady 120gr A-Max and maybe a box of 140g A-Max match. I paid $28 each at one of the gun shows. I’m not going to use them so msg me if you want to stock up and start collecting brass.

Thanks man! yea so.. I'm going to collect some brass and start looking for powder and bullets... my buddy WAAAYYY out in MD has a reloading set up that he's willing to let me use (he already has all the dies for 6.5CM) so i just have to bring parts. looks like i'll have a place to reload afterall...

i got desparate and picked up a box of the american eagle 140gr today JUST in case i couldn't find any, but you guys are awesome!

I have lots to learn for this round!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Pile of parts that i cant to put together ...

I don't have a barrel vise and can't find armorers wrench, go figure.

Attachments

• 20180313_204848.jpg
      20180313_204848.jpg
      89 KB · Views: 214
    woh, walmart sells 6.5CM? no way.... what kind is it? i think i'm going to try to zero using ELD-M or X...

I'm in Severn, not super close, but not super far either, I would love those 2 boxes if you can swing it... i'll pm you my number? try to work something out.

Thanks man! yea so.. I'm going to collect some brass and start looking for powder and bullets... my buddy WAAAYYY out in MD has a reloading set up that he's willing to let me use (he already has all the dies for 6.5CM) so i just have to bring parts. looks like i'll have a place to reload afterall...

i got desparate and picked up a box of the american eagle 140gr today JUST in case i couldn't find any, but you guys are awesome!

I have lots to learn for this round!

It is Federal "Super Target", "Super Match" or some other premium factory load Fed makes. They are selling for ~$29/20.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    What sucks about the ammo thing is you really need to stick to the same load and the same lot number if you want consistent results at distance.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Thanks but dropped it off at the Smith today, I'm not patient enough to wait lol

How did yours shoot?

shooting it this weekend.... still can't find any ELD-M... so i have one box of stupid american eagle 140gr....but still should be "fine" at 100yards... at least i'll ahve it close.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Have an encore pistol in 6.5 cm.

Attachments

• DF193A0D-F27F-47FA-BF65-93FABEB5DB4C.jpg
      DF193A0D-F27F-47FA-BF65-93FABEB5DB4C.jpg
      65.6 KB · Views: 169

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Have an encore pistol in 6.5 cm.

I once shot a friends TC pistol in 308. Notice I said once! He asked if I wanted to shoot it again and my response was "Not really". Now his is a 14 inch barrel without a brake. He has killed a few deer with it up in Bedford over the years.:D

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    what length barrel and what velocity are you seeing, just curious
    15” heavy barrel no idea about velocity
    I once shot a friends TC pistol in 308. Notice I said once! He asked if I wanted to shoot it again and my response was "Not really". Now his is a 14 inch barrel without a brake. He has killed a few deer with it up in Bedford over the years.:D

It’s pretty heavy, the 6.5 doesn’t kick as much as 308 and adding the vais break made it pretty easy to control. That said I’ve owned a S&W 460 (scope killer), and ruger 44 super Blackhawk

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Updated RPR...hopefully have time to break in the barrel tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20180317_151923.jpg
      20180317_151923.jpg
      153.5 KB · Views: 183

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Updated RPR...hopefully have time to break in the barrel tomorrow.

I was at PNTC last Sunday and a guy was telling me he had to run about 100 rounds through his new barrel for his RPR before speeds got to normal. I’d be curious to see how yours goes.

Btw he explained he had about 3500 rounds through it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I was at PNTC last Sunday and a guy was telling me he had to run about 100 rounds through his new barrel for his RPR before speeds got to normal. I’d be curious to see how yours goes.

Btw he explained he had about 3500 rounds through it.

LOL I hope I don't have to do that! Do you know what barrel he had?

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    My new Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor

Can't wait to try it out at the range. Maybe tomorrow. I topped it off with a Nikon ProStaff 4-12x.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
      IMG_0071.jpg
      84.6 KB · Views: 163
    shooting it this weekend.... still can't find any ELD-M... so i have one box of stupid american eagle 140gr....but still should be "fine" at 100yards... at least i'll ahve it close.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this, but my TC Compass loves the el cheapo Federal Non Typical 140gr. Consistent cloverleaf groups at 100yds.
    I have yet to develop a handload that can compete with the cheapest ammo on the market. Hindsight 20/20...
    (I haven't yet started moving out to longer shots)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Funny how that works, when I got my Shilen barrel, that thing absolutely loved Federal Fusion. 100 to 300 yards, it was basically 'point & click' every time.

To be fair though, that barrel has shot EVERYTHING with a respectable level of accuracy and consistency. Lucky? Maybe. I'll take it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom