• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    I recently bought an XD9. Any recommendations on ammo to stay away from? Success/issues with any particulars?

Also do you clean after every shooting session or after 1000 rounds etc?

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I have two XDs, I use whatever ammo I can get a good deal on. Usually Winchester White Box for the 45 or Federal for the 9mm from Walmart. I clean my guns after each trip to the range but it is not necesary.

JasonN3ZBO

Sep 7, 2010
    Lovettsville, VA
    I have a XDm-9 and that things eats up any ammo you feed it. From ball nose to hollow points it's happy. I usually use Federal or American Eagle. 5000 plus rounds and never had a FTF.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    Feed it whatever you buy. The first time I took mine to the range, I pumped 1000 rounds of Ultramax with no malfunctions, just a little smoky. Cleaning...., what's cleaning?

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    I have the XDM 9mm and use mostly WWB from Walmart. Have used a coupld of Remmington my step son gave me. Not a issue with any yet.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    i have a .40 xd usually use walmart special lol ive used winchesters and remington hps from wally world and it ate em all up.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Bought my XDm 9mm in March from Gun Connection. I've got over 2500 rounds through it, about 1800 rounds of Federal 9mm, 500 rounds of WWB, 19 rounds of Speer Gold Dot and about 200 rounds of steel cased stuff I got from a friend on a camping trip.

I've had one failure. One round in the last box of WWB I bought didn't fire.

Twice the slide didn't stay back after the last round but that's because I had my thumb up on the slide release while shooting.

If you're target shooting, get the cheap federal stuff. 10.97 for 50 rounds, 19.97 for 100 rounds at Walmart.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    The biggest issue I've heard of with the XD line is over oiling the striker (and that's any oil at all) and then not cleaning the striker channel. Crud builds up and fouls the channel so there are light strikes.

Ammo? anything of the correct caliber.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    its an xd.. it should eat cheerios if you want it to..
    any manufacturer any weight. just feed it and have fun....

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I've had one failure. One round in the last box of WWB I bought didn't fire.
    Funny, me too. I wonder if they changed something in that ammo recently. I noticed the box looking different. The last box of 100 rounds of WWB I bought from wally world had about 6 FTE's. I've only ever had 1 prior in over 1000 rounds of mostly WWB.

Anyone have issues recently with the WWB 9mm from wally?

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I shoot Blazer Alum - its the cheapest bulk round I have found and is very accurate. No failures at all.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    The XD that I owned was not ammo picky at all. It did have reliability issues however, which is why I no longer own it.

Gundahar

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    I use either Federal .40 S&W, or lately BVAC factory reloaded bulk ammo. Ive fed over 3000 rounds to two XDs flawless

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Shot every brand ammo I could find thru my XD 9 with no problems.
    As for cleaning. I clean all my weapons after shooting. Be it 5 rounds or hundreds of rounds. Most I've put thru my XD was about 500 rounds before cleaning.
    That was over several days of shooting.:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom