• ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    ***CALL TO ACTION***
    On this last day of the 2019 Session - We need you to call your legislators
    The persistent attack on law-abiding citizens ability to lawfully transfer and loan long guns is still hanging around and we are hearing that they "will move" on Sine Die. Call your legislators first thing to let them know where you stand on these issues.

Urge them to oppose House Bill 0786 and Senate Bill 0737 in any form.

We need all of you to contact your Delegates and Senators; let them know that you oppose these continued useless infringements on law-abiding citizens.

If you do not know your Delegate’s contact information, you can enter your residential address at https://mdelect.net for more information.

V/r,

Mike Doherty
    2nd Vice President - Legislative Affairs
    Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Association

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I called all of my delegates and my senator just now, and I gave each of their electronic buffers something to think about before they hit delete. See y'all there!

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Looks like in the senate bill you have to have a background check for even immediate family members as well now. But the House bill you don't? Sigh.....

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Updating here as well. Both bills have been heavily amended in the Senate and passed Third Reader (32-14 - Photos from the SB737 vote here, I was out of the gallery for the HB786 vote but assume it is the same). Both bills now go back to the House to be worked. The House will, based on our intelligence gathering, refuse to concur on the Senate amendments to HB786 (setting up a conference committee - 3 Senators/3 Delegates to work out the differences, then present the bill for an up/down vote in each chamber). They will also likely significantly modify SB786, which would then be sent back to the Senate, who will likely not concur on the Amendments and setup another conference committee.

The joyride that is Sine Die...it ain't over until midnight, is a contact sport, and we still need you all to call your Delegates to express your opinion on these bills. MSRPA stands solidly opposed to both bills.
    3d7eee4f54c0576ffa9df0d8ff60a13b.jpg
    76d14bda547b6c28f35b7d940fe59828.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom