Anyone want to split a case of Eley CMP?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thank you Mark75 for getting this going and thank you Qbeam for taking the reins on this. Much appreciated gents. :thumbsup:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Huge thankyou and shoutout to QBeam, who carried out the operation, and who was kind enough to deliver the ammo to my door.

This sort of behavior is what makes MDS a great place, filled with stand-up folks who routinely go above and beyond the norm. A wonderful community.

Thanks again, Q, and to Mark75 who initiated the process.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Unfortunately, no, only one delivery left. Didn't think it would have flown out like that. I'll have to wait until next year to try some out. I'm not worried about it, and have stockpiled some 22 to tide me over. I appreciate the kudos, and was glad to help.

Q

Q

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Eley is great ammo. I have a couple thousand rounds of the Yellow Box "Target" stuff that I picked up at Dick's before they made their latest Dick move and I stopped shopping there. That stuff is wonderfully accurate and just subsonic, too. I imagine that this will be pretty good too, but I wonder where it falls in the spectrum of Eley product. Anyone know?

I am tempted to order a case and split it up while keeping a couple thousand for myself, but I don't know if I need to do that right now.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    That would have been my assumption also. I would imagine it's fairly similar to the Yellow Box Target - the specs seem the same. 40gr projectile at 1090fps.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    If anybody gets a chance report back and let us know how it shoots and if you have any problems with it. I bought another brand of subsonic and had issues with the gun cycling properly. M&P .22 compact. Thanks

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Many subsonic .22 loadings won't cycle semiautos properly. CCI Quiets are notorious for this.

These should cycle a semi just fine, unless you're running a suppressor. My Ruger MK IV, for example, will cycle fine with CCI Standards, but not with a suppressor on it. The bolt just short strokes every time and it won't eject the fired casing.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I am tempted to order a case and split it up while keeping a couple thousand for myself, but I don't know if I need to do that right now.

If you are going to order another case and split it, let me know and I'll buy some. The yellow target eley works amazing in my rp rimfire.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I will be at camp Perry once in Sept, October, November and January (all on saturdays). If the cmp store is open, I’d be more than happy to bring some ammo back with me. Can’t imagine the free S&H offer will last forever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Thank you to all the folks who purchased from this buy. All buyers are paid up, deliveries have all been made. Unfortunately, I'm not able to make another buy until next year. I appreciate everyone communicating quickly to get the deliveries done fast.

Will likely do it next year, but will keep it to 1k lots to help a few more folks.

Thanks again, an let us know how the ammo performs against bulk brands.

Q

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Figured I'd share some range results. Here are the 10 shot. 50 yard results. Top group is my dads. Bottom group is mine. I am more than happy with the results. I also went 9 for 10 on the 12 inch steel gong at 200 yards. Great ammo.

Attachments

• 20181012_172158.jpg
      20181012_172158.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads