• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    I am helping my brother clean his win 94. The lever screw looks like it has two small indents, see picture. Is this normal or did someone in the past do it?
    Thanks in advance.

lever_screw.jpg

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Uhh

How old is it?
    I just checked my 2 and they both have pins, not screws ( 1 is late 60's and the other is early 80's)

He has no idea. Got it as a gift in 66 -67 or so. For something he did in Nam.
    They do not go all the way through if pins so no pushing out. Maybe screws - pretty damn small for my old eyes. I'll dig up a good magnifier and check.

Maybe I'll just leave it alone and take it apart from the top side and leave the lever and action intact.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    He has no idea. Got it as a gift in 66 -67 or so. For something he did in Nam.
    They do not go all the way through if pins so no pushing out. Maybe screws - pretty damn small for my old eyes. I'll dig up a good magnifier and check.

Maybe I'll just leave it alone and take it apart from the top side and leave the lever and action intact.

Sounds like his may be pre 1964, mine are newer and I guess the pin setup was cheaper. It looks like the screw head was staked so it wouldn't back out. I probably wouldn't fool with it then.

My set up has a large pin in place of the screw that he has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom