Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 8th, 2021, 09:53 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightydog View Post
Or if not bear traps can’t you use a razor wire fence?
Good 'ol concertina wire. That chit is WICKED. I've seen a long coil of it stop a M60A3 tank in it's tracks, once enough of it got wrapped into the drive sprockets

21 years Army (retired)
...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okletsfish View Post
Never apologize to any of these morons for anything, just give them the middle finger.
willtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 09:56 PM #42
Re-Member

Re-Member

For me, I don't think I could stay, even if moving was at a financial loss. Someone that actually tried to kill their son will never be right in the head, just isn't meant for this world. You'll never be able to understand or apply norms to any situation with this person, even if you think its going OK for the time being. If something tragic ever happens, its as if this story was already written, and no one will be surprised. Just a perspective, and wish you the best possible outcome, but suggest reading over a few times with a few close friends and family the circumstances you laid out and figuring out if its worth the stress and risk.
MD HQL
Form1 addict (despising the tax)
Just another infringed prole

"We the people tell the government what to do. It doesn’t tell us."
– Ronald Reagan
viiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 10:28 PM #43

Someone already said it, don't make it a habit to talk to this guy or be friendly. Now you will be his only focus in life. If he clearly trespasses, tell him not to. If it happens again tell him the cops will be called, and the 3rd time make the call.

Don't chit chat with crazy people.
Old June 8th, 2021, 10:59 PM #44

Open carry and fencing has kept it peaceful here. It's best to fence the property line immediately following the survey. Carry a pistol on your hip when ever your outside.

No wifi cameras allowed here. I'm in the process of setting up a wired camera system that can be viewed and controlled from 3 separate rooms. All the video is stored on a server in the house. I have short term battery backup for the cameras and server.
Johnconlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:11 PM #45
God loves you, I don't.

God loves you, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwchem View Post
Get a survey. Put up "no trespassing" signs on every single tree along the property line.

Every single time he comes over, just repeat this:. "I am not inviting you onto my property. Please leave immediately and do not come back."

Don't even engage or listen to the property argument before the survey.
What do those magic words unlock??
Old June 8th, 2021, 11:14 PM #46

I thought the whole point of buying 12 acres is to not have neighbors.

Probably the best advice is to not engage with the guy at all.
Old June 9th, 2021, 05:14 AM #47

Highly visible posting of property, lawyer (letter to legally inform neighbor that property is posted/private), property survey (lawyer will recommend), trail cams with security boxes, Blink (not Ring) web based security cams (use WiFi extenders to increase range outdoors). Fence the property line if possible. If you can (legal distance, safe backstop etc.), set up targets and shoot. If trespassing occurs, get documentation from Sheriff's office.

There is likely a county system accessible on the web that will show property lines. Also, a quick visit to the county office and review of property plat maps may help you out. You should also be able to locate property markers (unless they have been removed - I have trail cams covering mine), and a cheap magnetometer helps with this. From the plat maps, determine which company/surveyor did the property division, as they may be able to help.
KRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2021, 06:09 AM #48

Crazy , irrational , and stoned is not a good combination . Add built in , unavoidable grievance about you living in " His House " . The usual No Trespassing " , etc requires a measure of rationality or sanity to be effective .

Best case scenario is that elderly- ish drug using doesn't have long life expectancy .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2021, 07:18 AM #49

When you post the property alternate signs at eye level and high up. Make sure the high ones are at least 10ft up so they cant easily be destroyed. Mount the low ones on 3/4" plywood and attach to trees with lag bolts. Throw some non removable blue spray paint blazes on trees, these are legal no trespassing signs in maryland too. Put game cameras up pointing at the signs. Dont bother investing in the cell based ones, buy several of the $50-$100 ones, try your best to hide them and put them 15 feet up pointing down and secure them with wire or chain. Make it take as long as possible to remove everything to improve your chances of catching him in the act .

I unfortunately had an experience with a person similar to this. Posting "their" property, ruining their view, treating them like a criminal, you might be poking the crazy tiger with a stick. The goal would be to get them on camera destroying your cheap signs, especially if they have already been trespassed, before they start moving on to more valuable things like your house.
geda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2021, 07:24 AM #50
The one with two L

The one with two L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ryder View Post
It is, but depending on property lines he may only have to fence what is adjacent to crazy.
Also, a fence solely designed to create a property line doesn't have to be secure, pretty or durable. Stamped steel posts with one strand of barbed wire and 'no trespassing' signs every x feet is all it takes after the surveyor has staked the property line.

Oh, make sure the surveyor sinks steel rods at the corners so if crazy moves the wooden stakes, you can prove his misdemeanor criminal conduct.

And don't rely on the county GIS if you want to argue property lines, particularly if the line was defined by a crik at the time of subdivision. You need a surveyor to look a the gobbedlygook in the property description and stake it out for you.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland