• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Not to clutter up this thread, but I just heard yesterday about HB957. That one has me even more excited than permitless carry.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I started a thread on the Suppressor one...believe it's designed to run through the Courts quickly in the "friendlier" confines of the 5th Circuit and ultimately a friendlier SCOTUS...

ah, I just now saw that thread. I hadn't heard of the bill, but I bought a knife at the fort worth gun show yesterday and the owner of the company told me all about it.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    So what was the big “compromise”?

It really wasn’t much in my book as what came out of Conference wasn’t a whole lot different from what came from the Senate initially with Amendments.

Just off the top of my head: enhanced penalties for a Felon in possession, no carry for some misdemeanor domestic violence offenses for 5 years, online gun carry training, Police can stop and withhold w/o much else other than you’re carrying.

The last one is the most problematic but may have been necessary to get this out the gate. The normal LTC program has been peeled back over the years to allow campus carry and Open Carry. It’s hopeful that some aspects of this new unlicensed carry will be tweaked going forward.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    One of our members, Andi Turner (username andimorony), former Chair/Lobbyist for MSRPA, and formerly Delegate Smigiel's Chief of Staff, is currently the Legislative Director for TSRA and helped lead this fight this year. Congrats to TSRA, NRA, GOA, and the other 2A groups and citizens that helped get this across the line!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It really wasn’t much in my book as what came out of Conference wasn’t a whole lot different from what came from the Senate initially with Amendments.

Just off the top of my head: enhanced penalties for a Felon in possession, no carry for some misdemeanor domestic violence offenses for 5 years, online gun carry training, Police can stop and withhold w/o much else other than you’re carrying.

The last one is the most problematic but may have been necessary to get this out the gate. The normal LTC program has been peeled back over the years to allow campus carry and Open Carry. It’s hopeful that some aspects of this new unlicensed carry will be tweaked going forward.

How long would it take for the police to determine if you are prohibited? I would think no longer than a few minutes. And if you had a carry permit that would probably bring that time down to about nothing.
    But I guess we'll see.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Here's the portion that was added I was referencing:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-25 073839.jpg
      Screenshot 2021-05-25 073839.jpg
      84.3 KB · Views: 220

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    So what are the highlights of the final bill?

Residents and non-residents?
    Age limit?
    Any particular spaces where a permit is still required?

Haven’t seen it yet but will certainly share once I find it. 2 important links are:
    https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB1927
    Updated 5/21

https://lrl.texas.gov/legis/conferenceCommitteeReports.cfm
    Conference Committee Reports supposed to be here. Current Session is 87R
    Non-residents too?

Tried to follow all the links.

Maybe a stupid question as I guess Constitutional carry means 'just carry' pretty much.

Great work you Texans!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom