MOCO,Can we pop off bb guns in the backyard?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Stupid laws do nothing but breed contempt for stupid laws.

It's worse than that.Stupid laws breed contempt for many laws because folks are challenged to separate the wheat from the chaff.

If law X is stupid, maybe laws Y and Z are stupid, too.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Grew up in the Ag Reserve in MoCo in the late 80s-late 90s. Learned to shoot in our back yard. Shotgun, rifle, handgun, archery when grandma came to visit. No neighbors ever cared because they were all the same way as us. Doubt that it’s the same way there now other than a few generational farms. Too many libs have been buying property there
    Yes and no. I hear gunshots several times a week on summer evenings. No big deal.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I've NEVER driven into DC and bought fireworks to bring back to Merryland. NEVER!
    I've also NEVER stopped at South of the Border, visited Fort Pedro and took Pedro's advice.
    Just visited Pedro. He was mucho 'spensive. Suggest heading north. Buy one get two free.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Attachments

• pedro.jpg
      pedro.jpg
      46.8 KB · Views: 294

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I have a friend who a while back thought it would be a good idea to pop off some rounds with his BB gun in his backyard. Neighbors called Montgomery County's finest. He had to fight off gun related charges and hire an attorney. I'm sure it costs him probably close to 10 - 20K fighting the charges. What's funny to me is people actually pay to do this to themselves. Living in Montgomery County isn't cheap! Come for the taxes stay for the illegal immigration.

This gets me hot just thinking about it. :mad54:
    Not sure why his situation ever got past a warning and, "now you know, don't do it again."

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    HoCo law reads vastly similar - if they wanted to, a child's water pistol meets the criteria since you compress air to push the water...

ETA - Nerf guns are right out...

There shall be no four.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Back before everyone died or moved away, even before Connie Morella got gerrymandered out of office, we used to hang out with a City Council member on his sister's porch on 4th of July, and fire off illegal bottle rockets. Talk about risky business. Seemingly, no one cared.

I suppose the Honorable Councilmember might have escaped without arrest. Typical MoCo corruption, laws for thee, not for me.

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    I once walked up on two Rooskies shooting pellet pistols on the Lake Needwood archery range. They said "...but sign says range...". LOL

When was that? Had a similar experience at exactly that archery range in 2003(?). some russian guy came and shoot air rifle while we were shooting bows. He was puzzled when we told him he can be arrested for that :)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    When was that? Had a similar experience at exactly that archery range in 2003(?). some russian guy came and shoot air rifle while we were shooting bows. He was puzzled when we told him he can be arrested for that :)

That's too funny! Probably close to the same time. :shrug:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Meanie.

I got a big groundhog I need to get. I have to fix the tractor so we can plow. I’ll keep a rifle handy.

I have a mange fox I’ve been trying to “CCI Rehab”

A neighbor just started a nextdoor thread about it and there’s like 400 comments. Probably not a good look now if it suddenly disappears

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

A neighbor just started a nextdoor thread about it and there’s like 400 comments. Probably not a good look now if it suddenly disappears

Luckily I’ll be in Darlington. Our garden is at my MILs place, we took over after my FIL passed away. The neighbor has been trying to shoot it too. He is using a .17. I’m using a suppressed 5.56. I’ll probably win.

Thinking of going full auto on his ass. Just to be obnoxious.

Attachments

• AEA26061-F450-495F-9677-D3A1B7336FF9.jpg
      AEA26061-F450-495F-9677-D3A1B7336FF9.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 238
    • 41A41BA3-4541-49EF-8026-E9BF33A1859C.jpg
      41A41BA3-4541-49EF-8026-E9BF33A1859C.jpg
      85.3 KB · Views: 234

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Just make sure you BB/pellet guys use a dang backstop if the houses are close together. I had a neighbor (good guy for a Steelers fan) letting the grandkids shoot the BB gun at a target hung in front of our back fence. After the 2nd BB thwacked my siding, I offered to let him borrow a 4x8 sheet of plywood and some 2x4 chunks to set up a diagonally sloped backstop behind the target. That should have directed the BBs into the dirt on his side but "it's okay, it's just BBs).

After the 3rd ding in my siding (through the paper target, through the fence slat gap) a few minutes later, I may not have been nearly as friendly. The 4 rules apply to ALL projectile launchers.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

We had one coming through with a pretty bad case, and another with a little bit of mange. Injected some ivermectin into some pieces of hot dog and put them out randomly for a few weeks. All cleared up, same critters look great now. I was sorely tempted to dispatch the one with the worse case, but he turned around in really short order.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge

Yes, well, you see Mr. Fox, he was very ill. You could see it just by looking at him. He probably passed away quietly somewhere. It's all for the better too. He isn't suffering anymore. Nature has away of taking care of these things, you know.

... at least that's what I heard....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes, well, you see Mr. Fox, he was very ill. You could see it just by looking at him. He probably passed away quietly somewhere. It's all for the better too. He isn't suffering anymore. Nature has away of taking care of these things, you know.

... at least that's what I heard....

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom