Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 10th, 2021, 08:16 PM #3061

Quote:
Originally Posted by K31 View Post
Maybe you're in a low spot. I can hit it from 20mi away with an HT.
Me and tech have a love hate relationship. Very few things work for me straight away. I'm pretty persistent though. I will get it sorted.

Sent from my Armor 8 using Tapatalk
shootnfishndorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2021, 08:24 PM #3062
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
I've been right next to it, no response .

It was down for a while earlier this year. Its back up.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2021, 08:26 PM #3063

Location: Where everyone knows that Epstein Did Not Kill Himself.

Location: Where everyone knows that Epstein Did Not Kill Himself.
Quote:
I think shootfishndorf should try the Brandywine repeater if you are in Waldorf as someone upstream suggested. 147.1500 +.6Mhz (147.7500) MD Brandywine Prince George W3SMR SMARC SOUTHERN MD PL 114.8
Check your decimals.

Stop calling anti-gun politicians “stupid”. They are not. The continuing assault on gun owners and the Constitution/BoR has nothing to do with street-level crime and you will not “educate them” your way out of this.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Last edited by K31; May 11th, 2021 at 04:10 AM.
E.Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2021, 04:12 AM #3064
Purity of Essence

Purity of Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Shell View Post
Check your decimals.
Thanks. I actually cut and pasted that from elsewhere without looking.

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

A new life awaits you on the off-world colonies!
K31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2021, 05:11 PM #3065

Picked up a yaesu 8800r today for a song. Fired it up in the house, did a little reading and programmed in the Brandywine repeater, the La Plata and the Prince Frederick. I could hear the PF guys chatting, but still couldn't get a response. The La Plata and Brandywine were dead to me. I was able to receive the automated time message from the Brandywine repeater on the hand held last night...so at least I have the freq correct. The next project is mounting the radio in the Jeep....it is gonna be a PITA. Old days, getting through the firewall wasn't too bad....not on the Jeep. I will have to pull the right fender off. I think I will get started on that, run the power, and then leave a pull cord through for the antenna later...The antenna that came with the radio is a magnet mount, and the jeep has nothing magnetic on it...so I'm researching antenna options now. I have a bracket that bolts under the hood and sticks out...but it is pre-drilled for a CB antenna...and apparently that is different than what I need for the 144/440. Little more searching, planning and ordering.
Old May 11th, 2021, 05:27 PM #3066
Purity of Essence

Purity of Essence

I thought I was going to have to remove a fender well on my truck to run power from the battery but I found a YouTube video of a radio install a guy did in the same model and there was an unused grommet through the firewall. It was on the opposite side from the battery but was the best option.

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

A new life awaits you on the off-world colonies!
K31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2021, 06:07 PM #3067

Quote:
I thought I was going to have to remove a fender well on my truck to run power from the battery but I found a YouTube video of a radio install a guy did in the same model and there was an unused grommet through the firewall. It was on the opposite side from the battery but was the best option.
Yeah....the fender removal is the solution I've found. There is a grommet on the driver side if I didn't have a manual...I will get it sorted...just not as quickly as I had hoped...it's all part of the process.

Old May 11th, 2021, 06:30 PM #3068

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootnfishndorf View Post
Picked up a yaesu 8800r today for a song. Fired it up in the house, did a little reading and programmed in the Brandywine repeater, the La Plata and the Prince Frederick. I could hear the PF guys chatting, but still couldn't get a response. The La Plata and Brandywine were dead to me. I was able to receive the automated time message from the Brandywine repeater on the hand held last night...so at least I have the freq correct. The next project is mounting the radio in the Jeep....it is gonna be a PITA. Old days, getting through the firewall wasn't too bad....not on the Jeep. I will have to pull the right fender off. I think I will get started on that, run the power, and then leave a pull cord through for the antenna later...The antenna that came with the radio is a magnet mount, and the jeep has nothing magnetic on it...so I'm researching antenna options now. I have a bracket that bolts under the hood and sticks out...but it is pre-drilled for a CB antenna...and apparently that is different than what I need for the 144/440. Little more searching, planning and ordering.

Before you take that route what year is your jeep. I have a 2017 Ford Explorer and I was prepared to fish a line from the battery. However I took a good look at my interior fuse block and discovered that there were about 5-6 open circuits for options that I didn’t have on my specific model. The funny thing was that there were fuses in ever spot even if the accessory wasn’t there. So I grabbed the manual and pulled out the large fuses for the options I didn’t have to see if any other features were powered by those circuits. None were.

So I just connected a fuse tap to the option for rear heated seats. It was a 25 amp circuit. The radio works great and I didn’t have to leave the cabin.

Then for some extra coolness I placed the head unit into the ceiling console.
Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
ToolAA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2021, 06:43 PM #3069

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolAA View Post
Before you take that route what year is your jeep. I have a 2017 Ford Explorer and I was prepared to fish a line from the battery. However I took a good look at my interior fuse block and discovered that there were about 5-6 open circuits for options that I didn’t have on my specific model. The funny thing was that there were fuses in ever spot even if the accessory wasn’t there. So I grabbed the manual and pulled out the large fuses for the options I didn’t have to see if any other features were powered by those circuits. None were.

So I just connected a fuse tap to the option for rear heated seats. It was a 25 amp circuit. The radio works great and I didn’t have to leave the cabin.

Then for some extra coolness I placed the head unit into the ceiling console.
2018 JLU....the fuse box is under the hood...but I will do some searching for some wiring that may be in place, but unused....

Old May 11th, 2021, 07:31 PM #3070

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootnfishndorf View Post
2018 JLU....the fuse box is under the hood...but I will do some searching for some wiring that may be in place, but unused....

On most modern vehicles there are two fuse boxes. One in the engine compartment for things like
Headlights, Ignition, ABS, Fuel Pump. And one under the dash for all of the internal components like power windows, doors, heated seats, ect.

Unless you have to top of the line model with every possible option I suspect you will find several circuits. For example many cars have powered passenger seat in their top tier trim and things like rear entertainment systems or power sun roof are all items that usually have 10-30 amp fuses.
Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
ToolAA is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland