Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 19th, 2021, 06:40 PM #21

Anyone know whatever happened with the Aero Precision PCC stuff that they showed off at Shot Show before lockdowns started? It was supposed to ship very soon according to them. I vaguely remember something about last round bolt hold open but generally they are good value. I hear CMMG stuff is really good but I've never shot anything of theirs.

As far as 9 mil ARs go if you want to shop locally you could check with Hannover Armory near BWI. I've not been there in quite a while so I don't know how much stock they have but they did make their own 9 mil ARs when last I stopped by.
1841DNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2021, 06:41 PM #22
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1841DNG View Post
Anyone know whatever happened with the Aero Precision PCC stuff that they showed off at Shot Show before lockdowns started? It was supposed to ship very soon according to them. I vaguely remember something about last round bolt hold open but generally they are good value. I hear CMMG stuff is really good but I've never shot anything of theirs.

As far as 9 mil ARs go if you want to shop locally you could check with Hannover Armory near BWI. I've not been there in quite a while so I don't know how much stock they have but they did make their own 9 mil ARs when last I stopped by.
The CMMG radial delayed blowback PCCs are the shizzat.
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2021, 07:13 PM #23
N00b

N00b

Quote:

Woh.. Never heard of them will have to check it out
MSP Certified Handgun Instructor
MSP Handgun Qualification License Instructor
MSI Member
CCW Collector
Kevmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2021, 11:02 AM #24

Quote:

I just got notification from Aero Precision yesterday on their PCC offering. Right now, they're saying 3/3/21.
https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/epc
psybersapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2021, 11:15 AM #25
American Sporting Rifle

American Sporting Rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by psybersapien View Post
I just got notification from Aero Precision yesterday on their PCC offering. Right now, they're saying 3/3/21.
https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/epc
Looks a lot like the FOXTROT MIKE offering.
Old February 20th, 2021, 11:18 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
The CMMG radial delayed blowback PCCs are the shizzat.
CMMG is what I'm settling on. I tried nine ways to Sunday to come up with the components to make the Banshee Mk17 an MD compliant SBR (OAL >= 29"). I couldn't make it work without making mods I didn't want (e.g. MOE SL stock) so I bailed. i'm going for CMMG's Resolute offering in 9mm instead. I like what I've read so far about the radial delayed blowback system.

If I really, really want to SBR the Resolute at some point, maybe I can have the barrel shortened since there is no gas block issue to contend with.
psybersapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2021, 12:36 PM #27
For great Justice

For great Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
Looks a lot like the FOXTROT MIKE offering.
Borrows a lot from the New Frontier design, with the LRBHO in the upper. Looks good, but really wish they had some type of delayed or locking design, not straight blowback. Have wanted to do a RDB with 5" barrel in an SBR to suppress, but parts are impossible to find for now.
"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2021, 05:15 PM #28
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
Borrows a lot from the New Frontier design, with the LRBHO in the upper. Looks good, but really wish they had some type of delayed or locking design, not straight blowback. Have wanted to do a RDB with 5" barrel in an SBR to suppress, but parts are impossible to find for now.
I have that set-up. Adapted to run on a Colt pattern lower because my AR-9 shortie is pre-13 and registered at 22”. I didn’t want to have to do another shortie and keep it at 29”. Ultimate going to weld a suppressor to the barrel and use a Glock lower.
Old February 20th, 2021, 09:05 PM #29
For great Justice

For great Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
I have that set-up. Adapted to run on a Colt pattern lower because my AR-9 shortie is pre-13 and registered at 22”. I didn’t want to have to do another shortie and keep it at 29”. Ultimate going to weld a suppressor to the barrel and use a Glock lower.
Have a lot of Glock 33rd mags for my other AR9s, so want to stick to that format, of course the 29" thing isn't a problem up here. Kinda wish the RDB worked better with 3rd party lowers, but guess the $375 CMMG lower is pretty nice.
"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2021, 09:16 PM #30
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
Have a lot of Glock 33rd mags for my other AR9s, so want to stick to that format, of course the 29" thing isn't a problem up here. Kinda wish the RDB worked better with 3rd party lowers, but guess the $375 CMMG lower is pretty nice.
It works fine with the New Frontier Armory Glock lowers. The 80%’s were about $120 before all this nonsense.

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles