Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Capital Region
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 24th, 2021, 11:08 AM #41

I was sorry to see Family Meal close. My wife and I loved the restaurant. Even after we moved from Frederick to Kent Island a few years ago, we would always stop there every time we were in Frederick. I thought the prices were fair, staff were always friendly and helpful. Food was always great! The building they were in was the showroom of a car dealership called 'Jenkins Oldsmobile'. The Cigar store and Brewery someone mentioned, are in the Service Dept. buildings.
MdShooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2021, 05:29 PM #42

It looks like we have quite a few members who live right down the street from each other.

As for Family Meal, a couple minutes walk on the weekend for breakfast. Loved getting their breakfast sandwich and substituting a sausage patty for the bacon. They never charged me extra for it. We also loved their coffee, and it was strong. After drinking a cup or two you better be close to a bathroom within 45 minutes or so because you were going to sh!t your ass off whether you wanted to or not.

Once Oscar's opened up they put a huge hurting on Family Meal. Much better food at lower prices AND really friendly staff. Plus, the managers were always coming around making sure everything is okay. Their burger of the week is my biggest vice and downfall for curbside.
FPL53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2021, 05:42 PM #43

For all you AA County types reading about Oscar's......

That's Oscar's Ale House West in Fredneck....

Oscar's Ale House East is in the 'Dena....

MD 2 south of MD 100....the old Cheeseburger in Paradise space....

I'll vouch.......It's Good!!!!

Extensive Beer menu.....

Good food!!!!

P.S. Oscar's Ale House is in Eldersburg.....

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
NSCA Level I Instructor
Mack C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2021, 08:27 AM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPL53 View Post
It looks like we have quite a few members who live right down the street from each other.

As for Family Meal, a couple minutes walk on the weekend for breakfast. Loved getting their breakfast sandwich and substituting a sausage patty for the bacon. They never charged me extra for it. We also loved their coffee, and it was strong. After drinking a cup or two you better be close to a bathroom within 45 minutes or so because you were going to sh!t your ass off whether you wanted to or not.

Once Oscar's opened up they put a huge hurting on Family Meal. Much better food at lower prices AND really friendly staff. Plus, the managers were always coming around making sure everything is okay. Their burger of the week is my biggest vice and downfall for curbside.
My wife is deathly allergic to seafood so any time we visit a restaurant for the first time, we have to go through a sort of vetting process. I was impressed that both the head guy in the kitchen and the owner or manager came out to talk with her. They pan fried her burger in a clean pan. It’s one of our favorite places.

Also, x2 on the beer. I discovered Devil’s Backbone Vienna Lager there and have been buying it for home ever since.

Edit: we just went up to get some groceries. This is the new place that went into Padmini’s old location. Pretty big menu.

https://www.limaschicken.com/menus/
Work hard, shoot straight, play fair, fight dirty

Last edited by DanGuy48; January 25th, 2021 at 11:39 AM.
DanGuy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2021, 10:52 PM #45

If we were close to Limas Chicken I would be going hard core on that Ceviche. It has been a long time since we were in central or South America. Best Ceviche I've ever had.
FPL53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2021, 08:06 AM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPL53 View Post
If we were close to Limas Chicken I would be going hard core on that Ceviche. It has been a long time since we were in central or South America. Best Ceviche I've ever had.
Wilcoms in Ijamsville has incredible ceviche.
omegared24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2021, 09:21 AM #47
Maskerbator

Maskerbator

Sabor has great ceviche but it's only available as a special.
Old January 26th, 2021, 03:47 PM #48

I'll be the voice of dissent. Volt was a regular stop for the wife and I on our date night bar hop. We'd get a drink (or two) and an appetizer, UNTIL we found out about the burger special. Their mixed drinks were $10. But for $11, you could get a drink AND a burger with fries! And the burger was DAMN good. That became a staple for us, and it is something we will miss.

Only ate at Family Meal a couple of times because we really don't get over to that side of town, but I liked it well enough each time.
Old January 26th, 2021, 05:57 PM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtodave View Post
I'll be the voice of dissent. Volt was a regular stop for the wife and I on our date night bar hop. We'd get a drink (or two) and an appetizer, UNTIL we found out about the burger special. Their mixed drinks were $10. But for $11, you could get a drink AND a burger with fries! And the burger was DAMN good. That became a staple for us, and it is something we will miss.

Only ate at Family Meal a couple of times because we really don't get over to that side of town, but I liked it well enough each time.
I've heard they were good, but rather stay in town and get a burger from Cryin Johnnies.
+Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

+A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2021, 06:09 PM #50
Hairy Flaccid Member

Location: Holding the line South of Gettysburg in 2A-friendly Carroll County, USA.
Hairy Flaccid Member

Location: Holding the line South of Gettysburg in 2A-friendly Carroll County, USA.
For burgers in town, Wag's was good especially when washed down with $0.25 beers on Tuesdays after work.

"...cut left and right alternately with your swords. Waiting is bad. Always quickly re−assume your attitudes to both sides, cut the enemies down as they advance, crushing them in the direction from which they attack. Whatever you do, you must drive the enemy together, as if tying a line of fishes, and when they are seen to be piled up, cut them down strongly without giving them room to move."

-Miyamoto Musashi in GO RIN NO SHO
llkoolkeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Capital Region