• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Get ready for the next batch of RTI Ethiopian imports:

Lots of Mannlichers, some Enfield No.5 Mk.1s, several Mauser patterns, Lebels, Berthiers (thank the lord, I need a stock for a sporter), and seems like M1 Carbines as well.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    They will not stop imports of bolt rifles.

There are still a whole lot from the purchase to import. Anyone paying the prices for the crap they had last time needs their head examined, except for maybe the M1 Carbines. The Ethiopian Mausers were absolute garbage.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Royal Tiger imports/ IO inc. is the most sleazy and corrupt business in the firearms industry. The way they screwed over most customers on the AK parts kits have made dealing with them a gamble most won’t take. The grading system they use is laughable at best and outright criminal at worst.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Royal Tiger imports/ IO inc. is the most sleazy and corrupt business in the firearms industry. The way they screwed over most customers on the AK parts kits have made dealing with them a gamble most won’t take. The grading system they use is laughable at best and outright criminal at worst.
    Yeah those were pretty bad

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Cool, So many ppl are bitching about his pricing but at least someone is bringing something in !

My thoughts exactly. Classic isn't importing much, and when they do, they jack the prices higher than IO/RTI, JG seems to be doing small lots anymore, AIM gets some stuff, but not like they used to. I haven't dealt directly with century in probably 5 years, but they weren't importing that much C&R stuff either. It's basically IO and Gibbs right now

I actually applaud IO for bringing in a lot of the stuff they do. Most of the other C&R houses have shied away from WWI stuff in the past. They've also shied away from Austrian, French, and Italian arms overall until recently (the Carcano imports seem to have tipped the scales on the latter part lately).

Thanks to Ian, I think a lot more people respect the French and their arms than we've seen previously which is widening our field and opening up the market more. It feels like for about 20 years, all the average collector cared about was German, American, Russian, British and Japanese arms with the latter two being near the bottom of the ladder in terms of collectibility. Now, with M1, M1 Carbine, K98k, and Mosin stocks being limited and prices going up, Berthier, Lebel, MAS, MAB, MAC, CZ/VZ, FEG, and Steyr are much more practical additions in most peoples minds.

Edit:

Looks like most of it is up on the site. Prices are definitely up there, but that just means that many of our collections got that much more valuable.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Well these rifles have enough battle scars and not taken care of apparently. On top of that they were just packed in the crates with nothing between them. I guess they got more scars and scratches during shipping and handling. I collect Milsurps but I dont want something that looks like it has been laying in the woods for the past dozen years also.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    My thoughts exactly. Classic isn't importing much, and when they do, they jack the prices higher than IO/RTI, JG seems to be doing small lots anymore, AIM gets some stuff, but not like they used to. I haven't dealt directly with century in probably 5 years, but they weren't importing that much C&R stuff either. It's basically IO and Gibbs right now

I actually applaud IO for bringing in a lot of the stuff they do. Most of the other C&R houses have shied away from WWI stuff in the past. They've also shied away from Austrian, French, and Italian arms overall until recently (the Carcano imports seem to have tipped the scales on the latter part lately).

Thanks to Ian, I think a lot more people respect the French and their arms than we've seen previously which is widening our field and opening up the market more. It feels like for about 20 years, all the average collector cared about was German, American, Russian, British and Japanese arms with the latter two being near the bottom of the ladder in terms of collectibility. Now, with M1, M1 Carbine, K98k, and Mosin stocks being limited and prices going up, Berthier, Lebel, MAS, MAB, MAC, CZ/VZ, FEG, and Steyr are much more practical additions in most peoples minds.

Edit:

Looks like most of it is up on the site. Prices are definitely up there, but that just means that many of our collections got that much more valuable.
    Uh Classic doesn't import anything. They have been selling what they bought from Century and IO.

And their jacked up asking prices for junk doesn't affect market prices.

PW and Century have been importing a lot too

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    You clearly dont understand gun grabbers.
    I do. It isn't at that stage yet. They are following the UK plan.

If they did an EO to ban import of Bolt Rifles the backlash would be huge and everyone would say see they are trying to take away all firearms. They need more power first before they go after bolt rifles.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not for that reason. There is no reason to go after bolt action yet.

I've heard some rifle calibers can penetrate body armor and have telescopic sights. That is a sniper rifle with cop-killer bullets. Nobody needs ammo that can defeat body armor, cause deer don't wear it. Nobody needs to shoot a deer from a 1/2 mile away....

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    So Ian gets to cherry pick the one gem in the crate. Oh well. I was intrigued at first when word came down the pike about the Ethiopian find, esp. the reports of Metfords. But after seeing the few Metfords that came into the country I was a hard pass. Just not that interested in investing a fair pile of coin on a rough condition example. But they'll sell 'em all and I'm sure there are plenty of collectors who will find something of interest that meets their needs and budget. Outside of the supposed Russian stash that will probably turn to rust before being exported I'm wondering if there's much left out there in the way of legal to import stuff.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I do. It isn't at that stage yet. They are following the UK plan.

If they did an EO to ban import of Bolt Rifles the backlash would be huge and everyone would say see they are trying to take away all firearms. They need more power first before they go after bolt rifles.

They could ban import of eeevil military weapons which are "capable of firing armor piercing bullets" and half the fudds wouldn't give a crap.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    They could ban import of eeevil military weapons which are "capable of firing armor piercing bullets" and half the fudds wouldn't give a crap.
    True, but so far so good on my imports. If anything changes I will report so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom